Honored Contributor

Re: VPH's ""Words to Live By"" Flameless Candles...

I really like Valerie Parr Hill....however, that said, I learned a long time ago the quality of products was not good and quit ordering. I am sure Valerie only sees the best when doing presentations. Maybe someone should email her directly about these problems. This reflects poorly on her and she may not be aware quality is so bad. QVC certainly should know if they follow these comments.....Q for Quality?
Regular Contributor

Hi Ladies..

I did not order the TSV although I thought about it. I know how disappointing it is to get products by Valerie that are not up to the quality we want and should receive.

I noticed on Valerie's facebook page, several people sent her a message about the bad quality of the candes and her reply was to send her a private message. So you might try that and see if you can get some perfect sets of candles.

Honored Contributor

On 8/19/2014 laj3169 said:

Hi Ladies..

I did not order the TSV although I thought about it. I know how disappointing it is to get products by Valerie that are not up to the quality we want and should receive.

I noticed on Valerie's facebook page, several people sent her a message about the bad quality of the candes and her reply was to send her a private message. So you might try that and see if you can get some perfect sets of candles.

I think the more folks let her know, the more helpful it will be for customers...

Most time this saying holds true...'the squeaky wheel gets the greasing'...

Honored Contributor

On 8/19/2014 walker said: I really like Valerie Parr Hill....however, that said, I learned a long time ago the quality of products was not good and quit ordering. I am sure Valerie only sees the best when doing presentations. Maybe someone should email her directly about these problems. This reflects poorly on her and she may not be aware quality is so bad. QVC certainly should know if they follow these comments.....Q for Quality?

I know for myself, I have been turned off by VPH products now. I'll still watch her shows, but VERY likely won't purchase anymore. After checking my order history from this past year, I returned more of her products than what I kept. I have grown tired of being disappointed and returning all the stuff.

I never thought I'd be saying this either, but I can say I have reached the tipping point...so to speak.

New Contributor

I ordered a set of "Harvest" and my set is perfect. I put batteries in immediately, and all of them work as they should. They look so friendly sitting on my dining table. Perhaps I was one of the few whose candles were in perfect condition! I count my Blessings. Returns are such a hassle anymore!

Honored Contributor

On 8/20/2014 OHIO said:

I ordered a set of "Harvest" and my set is perfect. I put batteries in immediately, and all of them work as they should. They look so friendly sitting on my dining table. Perhaps I was one of the few whose candles were in perfect condition! I count my Blessings. Returns are such a hassle anymore!

Lucky you! Congrats! Smile

It boggles the mind why so many products don't get QC'd. Just based upon the reviews alone, there is no way these TSV candles were inspected (more than 50% poor ratings)...unless they just check 1 box out of 100,000 and got lucky opening a rare perfect set...and 4 times lucky having 4 perfect sets for the presentations!!!! Seriously???!!!

I was really looking forward to giving the candles as gifts {#emotions_dlg.sad}

Contributor

I received the three sets I ordered - some to keep and some to share and some for gifts. I guess I was lucky in that mine are OK - not perfect because of some of the same issues that were mentioned - but OK because they can be turned or repositioned to make them appear better. It seems silly to say this since I did buy three sets but I would have been happier if they had been packaged differently. Who needs four candles with the same words and no choice of colors (which is why I am sharing and giving the others). If I were not addicted to little lights (especially with timers) I wouldn't have purchased them at all in this configuration. But I did, as did a lot of other people, so I guess it worked for them. I sympathize with all of you who purchased and did not get acceptable quality and are faced with the disappointment, inconvenience, and expense. I do think the quality of many of these types of products is not what it used to be.

Honored Contributor

I ordered the Harvest set and they were a mess ---One candle had a fingerprint embedded in it, the others had glue drippings which could not be removed, and on some the words overlapped over one another!!! I wrote a negative review and returned them!!!! I can't believe how poor the quality was for not only me but so many customers..I have always been pleased with her products, but this is inexcusable!!!! I think a refund of the cost of the return postage and a letter of apology is in order!!!!

An interesting note on my order status the item# H204353 and is now listed as PRODUCT NO LONGER AVAILABLE. The item number has been changed to H203483.....interesting!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

On 8/21/2014 Susan Louise said:
On 8/20/2014 OHIO said:

Lucky you! Congrats! Smile

It boggles the mind why so many products don't get QC'd. Just based upon the reviews alone, there is no way these TSV candles were inspected (more than 50% poor ratings)...unless they just check 1 box out of 100,000 and got lucky opening a rare perfect set...and 4 times lucky having 4 perfect sets for the presentations!!!! Seriously???!!!

I was really looking forward to giving the candles as gifts {#emotions_dlg.sad}

Perhaps if QVC implemented a purchasing rule of QUALITY over quantity when ordering vast number of items for a TSV and not order as many to help assure more attention is given to quality control......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

On 8/19/2014 Emilymark said:

Wow..these were a HUGE disappointment. Eleven out of the 12 I ordered are defective. Smudges, messy wax inside, spots etc. No way at all I could give these as gifts. I can't believe QVC and Valerie thought that this was okay to send out. Apparently there are a lot of people who got bad candles. Mine are going right back and never again will I order anything from Valerie Parr Hill. This was my worst QVC purchase ever. They are really,{#emotions_dlg.mad} really poor quality. Buyer beware.

ITA with everything you said! Absolutely pathetic! Not just one or two candles of either set I ordered were bad, but ALL eight of 2 sets...

Still in shock, I suppose...can't help it. The quality would have been better at the dollar stores!

As I mentioned in another thread, if I see these candles presented again, I will cringe and get the remote. No doubt they got to sell every last one no matter what without a major QC overhaul 1st (the Q couldn't be bothered) and no doubt, any that are returned will be sold 'as is' {#emotions_dlg.glare}