Honored Contributor

VPH and Temp-tations now on Zulily

Noticed that Temp-tations and VPH items are now available on Zulily.

Can't see the purpose, really. Prices of the things I looked at were maybe only a dollar less than on Q. The only savings I see would be when buying over the weekend, pay shipping on first order only, then free shipping the rest of the weekend. If  buying a lot, that would save, but with no returns and long shipping time, and those two brands have lots of defects/damage during shipping, I'm not sure I see the value in buying from Z for these.

Anyone else see something I'm missing about this?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: VPH and Temp-tations now on Zulily

[ Edited ]

Thanks for letting us know this, @Mominohio.  I've been so busy lately with home improvement projects and garden stuff that I have not checked Zulily and have very rarely checked out QVC.  I came here to figure out when Valerie is on next, and then saw over on her FB page that she has posted her sneak peek for April 26.  

Even though the prices are almost the same as QVC's, I think I would be willing to buy the items on Zulily, that is, as long as they continue to offer the pay-one-time-per-day  or per-weekend shipping rate, and as long as they continue to offer reimbursement for damaged or defective items.

That last part could get tricky, though, because it's not like you could email a photo of an item with a non-working timer as proof of an issue, for example.  It will be interesting to learn how such defects will be handled by Zulily.  I hope people with experiences like this will share them with us here.

Bottom line, if I really wanted to buy two or more of Valerie's (or other QVC vendors') things at once, I think I would be willing to order them all at Zulily in order to save the S&H.  I would give them a chance, once, and see how it goes.

Maybe they're showcasing QVC brands on Zulily just to gain more exposure.  For those of us who already know and buy the brands, the only advantage I can think of is the S&H savings when buying more than one item.  

Honored Contributor

It serves no purpose for me because I'm not a Zulily buyer, but maybe there's a purpose for the company, some buyers who visit Zulily but not QVC might become buyers.

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR  Zulily has excellent CS; I've never seen better.  I've had a couple things (ceramics) arrive broken.  I was instructed to trash them, my money was refunded in store credit and I got a $10, credit for my trouble.  I recently got a pair of shoes which were different than pictured.  I already had a pair of the ones I got.  Now I have two because they told me to keep them, gave me credit plus $10.

A couple weeks ago I got 3 pairs of Denim & Co. How Comfy (the knit ones) Bermuda shorts for $16/pair.  On me, they'll fit like capris.  I already have other pants from this line so I was sure of the size.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I've been worried that QVC product lines would overtake Zulily ever since the purchase of Zulily by QVC.  At first, Zulily would feature the TSV, but no other products, but now more QVC lines are migrating.  That's disappointing to me because I liked having access to different brands on Zulily from those I purchase on QVC.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@SHOPR  Zulily has excellent CS; I've never seen better.  I've had a couple things (ceramics) arrive broken.  I was instructed to trash them, my money was refunded in store credit and I got a $10, credit for my trouble.  I recently got a pair of shoes which were different than pictured.  I already had a pair of the ones I got.  Now I have two because they told me to keep them, gave me credit plus $10.

A couple weeks ago I got 3 pairs of Denim & Co. How Comfy (the knit ones) Bermuda shorts for $16/pair.  On me, they'll fit like capris.  I already have other pants from this line so I was sure of the size.

@Kachina624, Thank you.  It is good to know how easily they resolved the different-than-pictured shoes problem. My experience with their CS so far has been limited to broken items, never defective or not as described.  Oops, I forgot.  I did have an issue with crooked and miscolored finials, but I emailed a photo of those as proof just to be sure they wouldn't question it.  That's it so far. 

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR  I haven't had much go wrong considering the dozens of orders I've placed, but when it has, they fix it beautifully.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

My biggest frustration with Zulilly is how poorly they pack fragile items.  While their customer service is great with refunds, that doesn't help when you've ordered just the right amount of an item for your needs only to have some of the items arrive broken and no longer available.  I got lucky recently when one goblet of eight was smashed as the pattern became available again two days after I received the broken one, so I was able to replace it.  However, I have partial set of some plates because they have never become available again.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624

Is Zulily's policy to only give 'store credit' for damaged or defective products received, or can you get a refund (by the method paid) from them?

If it is only 'store credit', I will probably never order from them, unless that credit could be used on Q (since they seem to now be owned by the same parent company). By the time the item arrives, I'm guessing the time has passed on the items offered, and simply purchasing a replacement of the damaged item would not be possible?

Then I'd kind of be stuck maybe buying something I didn't really want, just to use up the credit.

I know a lot of people seem to love Z, but I just haven't seen fit to get on the bandwagon yet.

Respected Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624

Is Zulily's policy to only give 'store credit' for damaged or defective products received, or can you get a refund (by the method paid) from them?

If it is only 'store credit', I will probably never order from them, unless that credit could be used on Q (since they seem to now be owned by the same parent company). By the time the item arrives, I'm guessing the time has passed on the items offered, and simply purchasing a replacement of the damaged item would not be possible?

Then I'd kind of be stuck maybe buying something I didn't really want, just to use up the credit.

I know a lot of people seem to love Z, but I just haven't seen fit to get on the bandwagon yet.

Zulily usually refunds to your original method of payment for damaged items, but as I said in my post immediately upthread, replacements are not usually available.  I would guess that's only true for non-QVC brands.