Honored Contributor

I, too would encourage people to keep checking 'as is' for the church. I'm sure there will be some coming back, as many people just return things because they don't meet their needs or expectations. I think a lot of people order things, then have buyers remorse about spending too much money, and send back as well.

Many 'as is' items have arrived here in just fine condition, and I'm sure the people returned for reasons other than damage or defect. I'm sure some of these churches will come back, but they will be picked up very quickly. I'd suggest checking 'as is' listings several times a day.

Hope those that missed them will have luck finding them!

Honored Contributor

@CaliKat wrote:

As of this posting the church is still available for the advanced order shipping.

No doubt, someone canceled then...there were none left on advance order when I posted earlier, so folks would be wise to just keep checking anyway Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

Just an FYI...for those who had been on the fence to get the church cloche, you are probably too late to get one now. VPH mentioned on her FB page that there will be no more available/reorders this year. So, it looks like the 2nd ship date of 7/23 is also sold out.

I am grateful we'll be getting ours today. The reviews have been glowing with wonderful comments for all the cloches...thrilled to bits!!! 

For those that still want a church cloche at this point, there probably won't be many returns for 'as is', so keep checking in a couple of weeks...hth

Just want to add, I'll post about ours as soon as it arrives Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

Just an FYI...for those who had been on the fence to get the church cloche, you are probably too late to get one now. VPH mentioned on her FB page that there will be no more available/reorders this year. So, it looks like the 2nd ship date of 7/23 is also sold out.

I am grateful we'll be getting ours today. The reviews have been glowing with wonderful comments for all the cloches...thrilled to bits!!! 

For those that still want a church cloche at this point, there probably won't be many returns for 'as is', so keep checking in a couple of weeks...hth

Please do.  It is very bright compared to last year's lights and looks very nice.

Honored Contributor

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

Hi Tissyanne, I ordered the church early the day it aired and it finally shipped today.  I don't know why it took so long to ship but if it comes in looking like a return it will be sent right back.  I also ordered the carolers and they shipped right away.  Go figure.  Did you order the TSV?

Hi Lucy:  I wouldn't worry about it not being new.  I think its way too fast for someone to have returned it and besides from the reviews I've read, no one has said they wanted to return it.  I should get mine Monday or Tues and now i'm thinking I should have gotten more than one to gift so I may still order additional ones. But, as someone else mentioned, there was not really much price difference from the TSV price to the price it is now so I still feel good about ordering more if that ends up being the case. My feeling is that when tens of thousands are ordered, it takes some time to get the shipments out.  Mine shipped earlier, but I only ordered 1.  Maybe larger orders took a few days longer.  I'm sure you will get ones that are wonderful.  

I hope so.  Today is the 7th and my church cloche is still showing it's in transit to a ups facility. I'm anxious to see them and will get the carolers tomorrow.  Who knows whats up with the church.

Honored Contributor

Re: VPH TSV. CHURCH

[ Edited ]

@MTH wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

Please do.  It is very bright compared to last year's lights and looks very nice.

I didn't get one of last year's cloches, so I can't compare...

Our church cloche is not a 'perfect' one, but I'll keep it. I will give ours a 4 star review. There are a couple of places along the base that are yellowed and a couple of chips of the white snow has come off. To me, that is repairable and an easy fix.

There is also 5 bubbles in the glass dome. Thankfully I can position it so nobody will really notice them either. I understand about handblown glass and expecting some bubbles (got over 350 pieces between Fenton & depression glassware), just more than I expected.

All in all, I'm happy with it and I'm looking forward to using it during the holidays Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

Hi Tissyanne, I ordered the church early the day it aired and it finally shipped today.  I don't know why it took so long to ship but if it comes in looking like a return it will be sent right back.  I also ordered the carolers and they shipped right away.  Go figure.  Did you order the TSV?

Hi Lucy:  I wouldn't worry about it not being new.  I think its way too fast for someone to have returned it and besides from the reviews I've read, no one has said they wanted to return it.  I should get mine Monday or Tues and now i'm thinking I should have gotten more than one to gift so I may still order additional ones. But, as someone else mentioned, there was not really much price difference from the TSV price to the price it is now so I still feel good about ordering more if that ends up being the case. My feeling is that when tens of thousands are ordered, it takes some time to get the shipments out.  Mine shipped earlier, but I only ordered 1.  Maybe larger orders took a few days longer.  I'm sure you will get ones that are wonderful.  

I hope so.  Today is the 7th and my church cloche is still showing it's in transit to a ups facility. I'm anxious to see them and will get the carolers tomorrow.  Who knows whats up with the church.

I wonder why yours is being so held up.  Maybe the tracking info is just not current. I have had that happen to me before.  The item kept showing "In Process" but showed up at my door.  Let's hope that is the case. Can't wait til you get your first wave of items.  

Trusted Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

I didn't get one of last year's cloches, so I can't compare...

Our church cloche is not a 'perfect' one, but I'll keep it. I will give ours a 4 star review. There are a couple of places along the base that are yellowed and a couple of chips of the white snow has come off. To me, that is repairable and an easy fix.

There is also 5 bubbles in the glass dome. Thankfully I can position it so nobody will really notice them either. I understand about handblown glass and expecting some bubbles (got over 350 pieces between Fenton & depression glassware), just more than I expected.

All in all, I'm happy with it and I'm looking forward to using it during the holidays Smiley Happy

I understand what you are saying about some chips on the base. I also have that but after seeing it all set up, I thought it just added to the charm.  I am not bothered by it either and I am happy.

Honored Contributor

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

I wonder why yours is being so held up.  Maybe the tracking info is just not current. I have had that happen to me before.  The item kept showing "In Process" but showed up at my door.  Let's hope that is the case. Can't wait til you get your first wave of items.  

Did you get your reindeer?

Trusted Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

Did you get your reindeer?

I did...I mentioned it under the "Paging MTH" thread.  Don't want to bore you with another answer but they are really nice...large and the cream color gives them an antiquey feel.  They are really big.  I did look at the measurements, but when you see them in person, they seem much bigger...LOL.   I mentioned that they will look substantial next to some of my larger JS santas and not get lost in the scene.