Esteemed Contributor

Re: VPH Swirl Finials a disappointment

it's the battery,  I got curious as to why the finial ws flashing , went to look at it and it was not lite anymore , changd the battery and it went back on.  So then the time only works for a few dys?? That is crazy, had the same problems with Valerie's other spheres  last year, had to change them every week.  I think I  am done with the lite spheres and finials.  Gets too expensive sending items back with the new policy.

Trusted Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

it's the battery,  I got curious as to why the finial ws flashing , went to look at it and it was not lite anymore , changd the battery and it went back on.  So then the time only works for a few dys?? That is crazy, had the same problems with Valerie's other spheres  last year, had to change them every week.  I think I  am done with the lite spheres and finials.  Gets too expensive sending items back with the new policy.

@Kitty GaloreThat is really disappointing on the battery life.  I skipped the finials this time. The items get so expensive anyway and then to have to continually buy batteries.  I'm ready for some plug in items again.

Esteemed Contributor

MTH,  you were very smart to skip them,  they are very pretty, but not worth it if they eat batteries for sure.  Ya no mybe I am ready for more plug ins even though it makes you limited in how you can decorate.   

Trusted Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@PeterDM wrote:

I purchased 3 sets in Silver with the intention of only keeping 2, because I was sure that with my luck, some would be defective.  2 finials were, but I was able to get two full sets that worked well.  They're really starting to grow on me.  Here's a pic on my cabinet with the White Solare Mosaic candles, and Silver Luminara Hurricane candles:

Finials.jpg

@PeterDMThanks for the picture, Peter.  I'm liking my finials and so far they are working perfectly.  I have the white Solare ones and they are great.  I wish the Luminara didn't change to gold when lit, work well with gold when lit but silver unlit.  How do you work yours into your groupings?  Oh, I love the black/white floor, reminds me of a fifties diner but still looks very modern.

Thanks, Lucy.  The mirror behind the finials and candles is reflecting into the kitchen in the next room.  Everyone loves my kitchen floor, except me!  I'd love to redo it in Silver Spruce faux planks, but my kitchen is HUGE and it would cost a fortune and take forever to do.

Honored Contributor

@PeterDM wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@PeterDM wrote:

I purchased 3 sets in Silver with the intention of only keeping 2, because I was sure that with my luck, some would be defective.  2 finials were, but I was able to get two full sets that worked well.  They're really starting to grow on me.  Here's a pic on my cabinet with the White Solare Mosaic candles, and Silver Luminara Hurricane candles:

Finials.jpg

@PeterDMThanks for the picture, Peter.  I'm liking my finials and so far they are working perfectly.  I have the white Solare ones and they are great.  I wish the Luminara didn't change to gold when lit, work well with gold when lit but silver unlit.  How do you work yours into your groupings?  Oh, I love the black/white floor, reminds me of a fifties diner but still looks very modern.

Thanks, Lucy.  The mirror behind the finials and candles is reflecting into the kitchen in the next room.  Everyone loves my kitchen floor, except me!  I'd love to redo it in Silver Spruce faux planks, but my kitchen is HUGE and it would cost a fortune and take forever to do.

@PeterDM, just add that floor to your 'to do ' list.  I think we all have  that list and whether or not we ever get it done is another story.  I can't imagine having everything done that I want but I keep marching toward that goal.  Your home looks lovely and I know you are proud of it. 

Trusted Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@PeterDM wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@PeterDM wrote:

Finials.jpg

@PeterDM, just add that floor to your 'to do ' list.  I think we all have  that list and whether or not we ever get it done is another story.  I can't imagine having everything done that I want but I keep marching toward that goal.  Your home looks lovely and I know you are proud of it. 

It's been on my list for years @lucymo.  If I could just get the kitchen floor done and the ceilings painted, I'd be happy as a clam. 

Valued Contributor

Ok, sent back my finials and hopefully I won't have any problems with getting credited for return postage and for the item itself.  I really really wanted them but I do not want to chance it again.  I like the champagne color but prefer the swirls to the finials that come in champagne.  

I also had to return the mini gingerbread houses since one had yellowed in spots and the other 2 had some sloppiness to them.

I am going to start another topic but I am considering getting the larger gingerbread house for my home.  The minis were going to my grandkids but now I have to think of something else to give them. I like to give them a "pre-Christmas" gift to enjoy during the holiday season but I am back to square 1.

Respected Contributor

My question to all of you is not about the quality of Valerie's items but returns in general since we are discussing this as well.

Yesterday I returned the 2 GCool scarf things that you wet and snap a couple of times and the temp of the product is suppose to keep you cool. Something about 'magic fabric'. Tried several times and nothing  except the coolness any damp nylon would give to your skin.

I just put them back in the package, noted my complaint inside (does not cool as stated in demonstrated) and slapped on the $6.95 return label. Will I have $6.95 deducted? I did not call customer service.

Thank you for your replies.

Honored Contributor

@wonderfulworld wrote:

My question to all of you is not about the quality of Valerie's items but returns in general since we are discussing this as well.

Yesterday I returned the 2 GCool scarf things that you wet and snap a couple of times and the temp of the product is suppose to keep you cool. Something about 'magic fabric'. Tried several times and nothing  except the coolness any damp nylon would give to your skin.

I just put them back in the package, noted my complaint inside (does not cool as stated in demonstrated) and slapped on the $6.95 return label. Will I have $6.95 deducted? I did not call customer service.

Thank you for your replies.

@wonderfulworld, Hi, if you checked the "item defective' you won't be charged the $6.95 and will get your refund, for shipping charges you paid and the price of the item.  When you get your refund make sure you got all S&H back.