Respected Contributor

VPH...So Many Decorating Ideas

I have seen many products I would love to have, but I have to improvise. Many good decorating ideas. That's why I like her shows. I try not to spend too much on seasonal items. I need to hit the lottery.

Honored Contributor

Re: VPH...So Many Decorating Ideas

A few nice, well-placed items can be as effective as rich-looking displays. Do what your budget allows. It's fun to decorate but most of us don't need more stuff.

Esteemed Contributor

I also like the little tips she gives throughout her shows. She was just now showing how to tip the small pumpkins forward a little on the mantel, which is something I think looks nice. She also mentioned using different types of candleholders, some that you may already own, (in this case mixing wood and metal) in the same display.

Respected Contributor

She and her team have good ideas. It's fun to find things that I already own that can be put together using the ideas I see on VPH's shows.

Honored Contributor

Well, I have ordered the midnight spheres. I wanted them, but had convinced myself I wasn't going to buy them. They were showing them a few minutes ago, and I gave in. Okay, this is my last set.
Respected Contributor

Luvpoos, I admire your conservative approach to all the "hoopla" over fall decorating. Good for you, seriously! It's easy to get carried away, isn't it? (And that $32 item is actually $42). A few things out is plenty, and next thing you know, you'll be putting them away. I bought 3 VPH pumpkins last year, and they are so pretty that I look forward to getting them out again. I got some inexpensive garland at Michaels, and it's just fine. Also got one of their scarecrows and will put in the front yard with more garland on the light post. Fall decorating can be inexpensive.

No VPH purchases for me this year, but I do enjoy the shows.

Trusted Contributor

Like you, I enjoy her shows more for the decorating ideas and beautiful staging than to shop. Valerie presents her line very winningly. A pleasure to watch.

Honored Contributor

OP - I often look at the pictures ladies post on this BB of their decorating for seasons or holidays and think they have a lot more extra income to spend on such things than I do.

Honored Contributor

I was not inspired by her shows this visit, I guess I already own too much of some of her stuff already!

Honored Contributor

On 8/12/2014 happy housewife said:

OP - I often look at the pictures ladies post on this BB of their decorating for seasons or holidays and think they have a lot more extra income to spend on such things than I do.

They are like me, and store it year after year, I am sure they don't buy everything new every year!