Honored Contributor

Re: VPH Sneak Peek album for Oct. 1st show

On 9/29/2014 Just Plain Crazy said:

Thanks for the heads up mallemo. I see where someone asked about the bottle brush trees coming but in the picture with the red house but that hasn't been answered yet. I really want those trees but I think I read where they won't be coming back. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

JPC

Sorry, I just read Valerie's response to the question about the BB trees. They won't be back this year but working on new ones for next year. They're hard to find.

Respected Contributor

Thanks, Mallemo.

Honored Contributor

Valerie mentioned that the B/O spun trees have been improved (the battery life).

I'm not thrilled with having to buy a 2nd set (not being able to return the set from last year) to get trees with a decent battery life...

Don't know if I'll bother since it would be a waste to throw out the other ones. I guess I'll just keep them unlit.

Why oh why don't they take care of and check B/O issues before they sell on the products on the Q...just nuts!

Honored Contributor

I returned the set of spun trees that I bought last year because they wouldn't light. They are beautiful and I'll probably try another set. They will be available in Champagne and white, not sure which one I want. Last year it was Champagne and I liked that. Wonder what the price will be. I don't recall how much they were before.{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Honored Contributor

On 9/29/2014 lucymo said:

I returned the set of spun trees that I bought last year because they wouldn't light. They are beautiful and I'll probably try another set. They will be available in Champagne and white, not sure which one I want. Last year it was Champagne and I liked that. Wonder what the price will be. I don't recall how much they were before.{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

I agree, they are beautiful. You were smart to return them. I'll just use mine w/o batteries. The white ones sound nice, but wonder if they will have a warm/cream light/cast of light or a cool/bluish one...

Still looking forward to her show with Marybeth. I'll make sure I get a nice mug of coffee before it starts Smile

Trusted Contributor

On 9/29/2014 whitelinen said:

Hi mallemo!! What are you getting???

I'm with SHOPR . . .

JPC, I found some nice bottle brushes at Michael's last year. I don't remember what Val's looked like so I can't compare. Are Val's distinctively different than the usual kind of BB?

Hope you find some something that works; will keep an eye out for you!

Hi whitelinen,

The bottle brushes from Valerie are in picture # 10, one with the red house. There was quite a few in her set of varying heights. I will have to check out Michaels next time I am close to a store. The closest one is about 1 hour away so don't get there too often.

Thanks for the headsup on Michaels.

JPC

Trusted Contributor

On 9/29/2014 SHOPR said:
On 9/29/2014 whitelinen said:

Hi mallemo!! What are you getting???

I'm with SHOPR . . .

JPC, I found some nice bottle brushes at Michael's last year. I don't remember what Val's looked like so I can't compare. Are Val's distinctively different than the usual kind of BB?

Hope you find some something that works; will keep an eye out for you!

Here is the link to Valerie's set. I've been on the lookout for some for JPC when I visit websites, etc. I haven't seen any this tall. Notice that the shortest ones are still 9 inches! I did see a set of a few smaller ones at HL, though. http://www.qvc.com/Set-of-7-Glitter-Trees-by-Valerie.product.H201110.html

SHOPR.....Last time I was at HL, I looked all over for the bottle brush trees that you took a picture of then finally asked someone and they had no idea what a bottle brush tree was so she asked a mgr and they also had no clue. He tried to see me a charlie brown tree in a burlap wrapping. So I had no luck there.

Might have to break down and get the 3 I found on the net. I don't need them yet so they have kinda taken the back seat in my life at this time.

Thanks for the link. I too can't figure out why she didn't bring them back since they were so popular and I am sure they made a good profit from them.

JPC

Trusted Contributor

On 9/29/2014 lucymo said:
On 9/29/2014 Just Plain Crazy said:

Thanks for the heads up mallemo. I see where someone asked about the bottle brush trees coming but in the picture with the red house but that hasn't been answered yet. I really want those trees but I think I read where they won't be coming back. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

JPC

Sorry, I just read Valerie's response to the question about the BB trees. They won't be back this year but working on new ones for next year. They're hard to find.

Thanks lucy for passing this info on. I was sure she had said that they wouldn't be back this year. Guess that gives us something to look forward to next year unless I can find what I want this year elsewhere. I wanted them for my Big lantern from Kirklands.

JPC

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the link. I will tape the show but don't plan on buying anything. I am getting tired of poor quality from her line. My MG pedestals I purchased last year are all not working now. The little bulbs all burnt out. My MG pumpkins are so dim I can hardly see they are on. I put new batteries in them thinking they needed new batteries but they are still dim. No more MG for me for now.
Trusted Contributor

Hi All: I really wanted those bottle brush trees too. I also found the ones at HL, They came in a smaller set and were $19.99. They were not as tall as Valerie's so I didn't get them. I really wanted to use them among my Jim Shore pieces so the taller trees would have been nice. I was so hoping Val would bring hers in this year but guess I'll have to wait. I did pick up some other trees at HL that I will use this year as fill-ins and see what happens next year.