Esteemed Contributor

Re: VPH Sneak Peek CIJ Album #2 just posted

That's wonderful! How I wish I didn't find anything that spoke to me , my wallet is bare right now. Lol
Honored Contributor

@PeterDM wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

Thanks for posting. I'm thinking I might just make it through the weekend without a purchase! With the exception of the ever missing finials, I'm not finding anything I can't live without! Yeah for my wallet!

We'll need to regroup and compare tomorrow night to see what kind of damage we all did.  So far, I only purchased 2 of the Kringle Express Bells, and I will pick up the swirl finials, too.  This has been a very prudent CIJ for me.

A good idea Peter! As I posted just above, so far just the 2 mosaic trees. From this preview for tomorrow, I'm eyeing the white trees.and will probably get a couple of sets...

Honored Contributor

@PeterDM wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

Thanks for posting. I'm thinking I might just make it through the weekend without a purchase! With the exception of the ever missing finials, I'm not finding anything I can't live without! Yeah for my wallet!

We'll need to regroup and compare tomorrow night to see what kind of damage we all did.  So far, I only purchased 2 of the Kringle Express Bells, and I will pick up the swirl finials, too.  This has been a very prudent CIJ for me.

I somehow missed the show with the bells, and just went to see the video. Wow, if they had just included the stand, even at twice the price, I'd have bought several. I can't imagine where one would find a stand that beautiful. I've never seen one quite like it. Very nice look.

The bells are really lovely as well.

Trusted Contributor

This has been a frugal weekend for me so far too.  I only ordered the reindeer from Jill's show.  I really wanted to get the Jim Shore Santa with the train but not sure I can fit another JS piece in my Christmas closet.  I'm almost hoping I don't see anything in Valerie's show tomorrow but that may be wishful thinking.  Keep posting what you all are getting.

Trusted Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@PeterDM wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

I somehow missed the show with the bells, and just went to see the video. Wow, if they had just included the stand, even at twice the price, I'd have bought several. I can't imagine where one would find a stand that beautiful. I've never seen one quite like it. Very nice look.

MIO, I'm going to purchase 2 ornament hangers in silver, and replace the red ribbons/bows with deep plum, velvet ones.  I think the plum will compliment the color of the bells better than the red, and the velvet texture will be more complimentary to the bisque finish on the bells as well.

Honored Contributor

@MTH wrote:

This has been a frugal weekend for me so far too.  I only ordered the reindeer from Jill's show.  I really wanted to get the Jim Shore Santa with the train but not sure I can fit another JS piece in my Christmas closet.  I'm almost hoping I don't see anything in Valerie's show tomorrow but that may be wishful thinking.  Keep posting what you all are getting.

Hi MTH, I really like those reindeer.  What did you think after you saw them presented?

Trusted Contributor

I really liked them too.  I think the scrollwork is very different and I doubt we will find anything quite like them anyplace else.  Living in South Florida, the driftwood look is very big for us down here and I have several driftwood decor pieces that I keep out all the time anyway in addition to how I beleive they will compliment my large JS Santa collection.  It's nice to have a few larger pieces to put with all my Santas just to break up the collection.  I find it hard to find pieces to put between my JS Santas that don't get overpowered.  The presentation was rather quck, but I think I got a good enough look at them to be excited to get them.  Did you order them before they sold out??

Trusted Contributor

Something else that doesn't pop up during searches, but was presented last night (and has been in my cart since) is H205839 - Kringle Express S3 Porecelain Angels with Instruments.  I'm on the fence about these.  I have never purchased any angels from QVC, and those who know my style, will know that these will fit right in with my modern style.  Any opinions?

Trusted Contributor

@PeterDM wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@PeterDM wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

MIO, I'm going to purchase 2 ornament hangers in silver, and replace the red ribbons/bows with deep plum, velvet ones.  I think the plum will compliment the color of the bells better than the red, and the velvet texture will be more complimentary to the bisque finish on the bells as well.

I love your idea with the bells.  I think it will look lovely.  For the ornament hangers, do you get them on the Q or elsewhere??

Trusted Contributor

@MTH wrote:

@PeterDM wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@PeterDM wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

I love your idea with the bells.  I think it will look lovely.  For the ornament hangers, do you get them on the Q or elsewhere??

Thanks, MTH.  I'll probably just pick the ornament hangers up at Michaels.  I've seen them in various stores, so I don't see a problem procuring them.