Trusted Contributor

Re: VPH Sneak Peek Album for 8/22/14

On 8/20/2014 Just Plain Crazy said:
On 8/20/2014 MTH said:
On 8/20/2014 mallemo said:

This is off topic and don't want to hijack your newsworthy thread mallemo, but I know a few here have been interested in the results of when I saw the vascular surgeon. I saw him yesterday afternoon and he was very thorough. He showed us the CT scan and explained it all to us. He said the aneurysm wasn't up to the size he likes to operate so he was going to set up an appointment for 6 months for another ultrasound of the abdomen and appointment with him. I pointed out to him that since the CT scan was in March, maybe it was already a bigger size than it was at that time. He said good point and asked "what took you so long to come in" Well, needless to say Mr Crazy and I both told him we had called several times to try to get something set up.

So anyway, he now has me coming back in 3 months for both and said to keep my BP and heart rate down> Mr Crazy ask about bike riding and exercise and he said not to go hard at it, just keep the heart rate down. So told Mr Crazy I can't do dishes, vacuum etc as that does get my heart rate going. Don't think he fell for that.

Just wanted to update you all and let you know it is still a waiting game.

JPC

No problem JPC, glad to have the update. It's good to keep on top of this. MY BIL had two of these in his stomach and they waited a bit before they did the repair surgery as well. One was larger than the other. He did very well and hopefully they will stay fixed. Keep us updated please.

Hey JPC: So glad you finally got some info. How funny that the Dr. asked what took YOU so long......really!! Hope he gives his staff a good talking to. I can send you a Dr. note for vacuming and cleaning if you like...Ha Ha!!! I'm sure Mr. Crazy will still need more convincing than that but we can always try. The important thing is staying on top of it. Now you know what you're dealing with at least.

Hi MTH,

We thought it was funny too when he asked that question but I will give him the benefit of the doubt since he is just in the Heart Center once a week, usually works from another town but does come there once a week.

Go ahead and send the note MTH and while writing it up make sure it covers laundry too. And hurry with that too cause my washer broke the other day and the piece for it came today so I am sure Mr Crazy will get it thrown back together tonight {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Oh no...another broken washer. I went crazy when my washer broke over the summer and after 3 attempts at fixing it, finally ended up getting a new one (which I love by the way). That note will definitely cover laundry as I'm sure its been piling up by now. Mr. Crazy can always buy more clothes instead of cleaning the old ones!!!{#emotions_dlg.blink}

Honored Contributor

On 8/20/2014 Marsha2003 said:

Thanks for the link, Mallemo...always appreciated.

Have you looked at Horchow's new items? Does this look familiar?

Sleigh

Wow!!!!! Classy!!! {#emotions_dlg.tt1}

I have 2 sets of Valerie's carolers...love them!

Trusted Contributor

On 8/20/2014 MTH said:
On 8/20/2014 MTH said:

This is off topic and don't want to hijack your newsworthy thread mallemo, but I know a few here have been interested in the results of when I saw the vascular surgeon. I saw him yesterday afternoon and he was very thorough. He showed us the CT scan and explained it all to us. He said the aneurysm wasn't up to the size he likes to operate so he was going to set up an appointment for 6 months for another ultrasound of the abdomen and appointment with him. I pointed out to him that since the CT scan was in March, maybe it was already a bigger size than it was at that time. He said good point and asked "what took you so long to come in" Well, needless to say Mr Crazy and I both told him we had called several times to try to get something set up.

So anyway, he now has me coming back in 3 months for both and said to keep my BP and heart rate down> Mr Crazy ask about bike riding and exercise and he said not to go hard at it, just keep the heart rate down. So told Mr Crazy I can't do dishes, vacuum etc as that does get my heart rate going. Don't think he fell for that.

JPC

No problem JPC, glad to have the update. It's good to keep on top of this. MY BIL had two of these in his stomach and they waited a bit before they did the repair surgery as well. One was larger than the other. He did very well and hopefully they will stay fixed. Keep us updated please.

Hey JPC: So glad you finally got some info. How funny that the Dr. asked what took YOU so long......really!! Hope he gives his staff a good talking to. I can send you a Dr. note for vacuming and cleaning if you like...Ha Ha!!! I'm sure Mr. Crazy will still need more convincing than that but we can always try. The important thing is staying on top of it. Now you know what you're dealing with at least.

Hi MTH,

We thought it was funny too when he asked that question but I will give him the benefit of the doubt since he is just in the Heart Center once a week, usually works from another town but does come there once a week.

Go ahead and send the note MTH and while writing it up make sure it covers laundry too. And hurry with that too cause my washer broke the other day and the piece for it came today so I am sure Mr Crazy will get it thrown back together tonight {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Oh no...another broken washer. I went crazy when my washer broke over the summer and after 3 attempts at fixing it, finally ended up getting a new one (which I love by the way). That note will definitely cover laundry as I'm sure its been piling up by now. Mr. Crazy can always buy more clothes instead of cleaning the old ones!!!{#emotions_dlg.blink}

Buying new clothes sounds good to me MTH especially since he save money by fixing the washer himself and didn't have to buy a new one. Just think how much money he saved himself {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

What kind of washer did you buy???

Honored Contributor

On 8/20/2014 Marsha2003 said:
On 8/20/2014 mousiegirl said:

The wreath in Valeries sneak preview is nice, but it seems to be sold out. Hopefully, that just means it is unavailable at this time. I think I can pass on the rest as I bought so much during CIJ.

You are right that "sold out" in the case of new items usually means that it isn't available for purchase yet.

Thanks, Marsha.

Trusted Contributor

On 8/20/2014 MTH said:
On 8/20/2014 MTH said:

JPC

Hi MTH,

Buying new clothes sounds good to me MTH especially since he save money by fixing the washer himself and didn't have to buy a new one. Just think how much money he saved himself {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

What kind of washer did you buy???

So glad Mr. Crazy was able to fix the washer. I ended up getting a new LG front loader. I really like it and now I see that my other machine, which was only 5 years old, wasn't really doing a great job. I kept blaming it on our water because we have a well system. The water in South Florida is full of iron so since our house is not connected to City water, we need a filter and softener system on our house which makes it hard to get soap out of everything. Even washing dishes! Guess I really needed the upgraded washer to handle it. Hope you don't spend all day washing. Tell Mr> Crazy the doctor's note is coming so you just can't do it.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Trusted Contributor

Has anyone seen the backs of the Illuminated Scene cloches?

Honored Contributor

It seems "harvest" got sort of short shrifted this year by Val, or maybe the Q... I almost always see something I really want, but not this year. Personally, I'm sort of done with what appears to be an over-reliance on mercury glass.

Overall, Val and the Q's holiday items tend to be a bit too kitschy for my taste but again, I almost always find a few things I'd really like to add... While I will be purchasing the cardinal light it'll be a gift for my mother, who loves her red birds. So far, I'm not seeing anything for myself, at least not at a price I want to pay! There also appears to be quite a bit of the "same old-same old"...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I haven't seen the back but just assume it's a one way design. What do you think?

The Cloche, that is. Smile Edited to add what I was talking about.

Respected Contributor

On 8/21/2014 stevieb said:

It seems "harvest" got sort of short shrifted this year by Val, or maybe the Q... I almost always see something I really want, but not this year. Personally, I'm sort of done what what appears to be an over-reliance on mercury glass.

Overall, Val and the Q's holiday items tend to be a bit too kitschy for my taste but again, I almost always find a few things I'd really like to add... While I will be purchasing the cardinal light it'll be a gift for my mother, who loves her red birds. So far, I'm not seeing anything for myself, at least not at a price I want to pay! There also appears to be quite a bit of the "same old-same old"...

I think there is another autumn/harvest show coming from VPH in September.

Trusted Contributor

On 8/21/2014 lucymo said:

I haven't seen the back but just assume it's a one way design. What do you think?

The Cloche, that is. Smile Edited to add what I was talking about.

Hi Lucy: I hope there is something to the backside and not just wiring. I intend to use on my mantle so I won't really see the backside, but if someone wants it for a centerpiece, it might make a difference. I would hope for the price that it is perfect all the way around, but who knows. I guess we'll find out tomorrow for sure but it seems sort of odd that out of all the pics on the website and on FB that there is not one shot of the back. I still have my order placed but hopefully we all won't be disappointed on that portion.