Honored Contributor

VPH Mosaic Hurricane (H202088)

I could not resist...

I am one of the 5,000 who ordered one yesterday before they sold out. It is going to be a great versatile piece to add to decor for any season, time of year, but I just now read an answer to a question asked about the battery life...

Only "12 hrs of continuous use" (my guess would be probably more like about 10 hrs)...so 2-3 days of about 3-4 hrs...per a member of VPH team.

There is NO timer because there is a remote control.

I'm starting to waffle about canceling my order or not...

I just wish the battery life lasted more like 7 days...recharge the batteries once a week seems at least somewhat reasonable.

If I keep it, I will definitely be extremely choosy on when I have it lit and for how long. Just saying that it seems silly getting it at all...what is the joy of seeing something lit if you have to recharge the batteries so often. I can't imagine how much it would cost those who don't recharge their batteries and have to keep replacing them! {#emotions_dlg.scared}

No doubt, the rating of the reviews will tank/be low due to this quite annoying issue.

Honored Contributor

Re: VPH Mosaic Hurricane (H202088)

Update:

I just canceled my order. It is a really nice hurricane, and the concept is great with the remote...choosing a color or morphing, but the extremely short battery life is just crazy! {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Respected Contributor

I had one in my cart until I saw that battery life. I wasn't sure if it was a typo, but didn't want to risk it.

I love the hurricane, but the changing colors aren't really my fave. I like rich earth tones, so I'd probably only use a couple of the colors on the remote.

Respected Contributor

I like the concept of changing colors with a remote, but not the actual colors, so I wasn't tempted by the hurricane. That's a super short battery life, though, so I think you made a wise decision.

Honored Contributor

I found morphing candles at Home goods which I just insert into any hurricane or lantern, etc. I also bought a set of three with a control like Valerie's at HSN, and for these reasons, I passed on her's. I have different colors of mercury glass hurricanes so for Christmas, I gave DD a purple one, and put the one from HSN in it on purple mode, looks fantastic!

Contributor

I just looked at the item, & in the question/answer section the battery issue was addressed. It IS only 12 hours! Thats insane....why would they do that.

Frequent Contributor

Thank you so much for this thread! I had ordered five of these to use for entertaining, and I just cancelled my order. 12 hours of battery life is just NOT going to cut it, Valerie & QVC! This is a lovely product, and I was really looking forward to using it for setting up buffets, etc., but you're going to have to improve that charge time to get me to buy again.

Honored Contributor

On 2/19/2014 desperate-housewife said:

Thank you so much for this thread! I had ordered five of these to use for entertaining, and I just cancelled my order. 12 hours of battery life is just NOT going to cut it, Valerie & QVC! This is a lovely product, and I was really looking forward to using it for setting up buffets, etc., but you're going to have to improve that charge time to get me to buy again.

You're welcome Smile

Honestly, I'm in shock that VPH & her team found that 12 hrs was acceptable! I don't think even she would want to change the batteries almost every other day if one had it lit the average of 6 hrs a day...Geeesssh {#emotions_dlg.blink}

Honored Contributor

On 2/19/2014 goldenretriever said:

I had one in my cart until I saw that battery life. I wasn't sure if it was a typo, but didn't want to risk it.

I love the hurricane, but the changing colors aren't really my fave. I like rich earth tones, so I'd probably only use a couple of the colors on the remote.

Good catch! I was lucky to have been able to cancel just before it would have been shipped...Whew!

Honored Contributor

On 2/19/2014 Marsha2003 said:

I like the concept of changing colors with a remote, but not the actual colors, so I wasn't tempted by the hurricane. That's a super short battery life, though, so I think you made a wise decision.

I would have liked to have had it for summer...might have kept it on the pale blue setting in the livingroom...then the yellow/gold setting for fall, orange for Halloween-Thanksgiving and red for Christmastime/Valentine's day...green for St Patty's Day, pink for Easter...it would have been fun...if I only had to recharge the batteries once a week or less...sigh.