Respected Contributor
On 8/19/2014 yellowkitty said:

O Marsha2003, thanks for the idea ! I forgot I have that big brown candle! I was out looking for little candle wreaths today but didn't find any I like. Maybe, I'll go hunting tomorrow!

Glad my post reminded you of something you had on hand to work with. I hope you find some great candle rings.

Valued Contributor
On 8/19/2014 Marsha2003 said:
On 8/19/2014 mallemo said:

I'm not sure what to think about this as when I asked VPH on her FB page about the pine cones and the MG mini pumpkins she said they had a single bulb. She must not know her own items!

I remember you posted about the single bulb after I asked on the boards about it and I almost didn't buy the pine cones as a result. However, when I was watching the video, it looked so much like there were multiple points of lights that I decided to take a chance. You know, it may be that the FB answers are posted by an assistant to Valerie and that person made the mistake.

That could be I suppose but they need to be on the same page I think for the customer's sake.

Respected Contributor
On 8/19/2014 Marsha2003 said:

I'm not sure what to think about this as when I asked VPH on her FB page about the pine cones and the MG mini pumpkins she said they had a single bulb. She must not know her own items!

I remember you posted about the single bulb after I asked on the boards about it and I almost didn't buy the pine cones as a result. However, when I was watching the video, it looked so much like there were multiple points of lights that I decided to take a chance. You know, it may be that the FB answers are posted by an assistant to Valerie and that person made the mistake.

That could be I suppose but they need to be on the same page I think for the customer's sake.

I agree with you, but it's hard to avoid all mistakes.

Contributor

update, not a single light like the lamps, kind of on a single wire with serveral lites, I received the as is square pedestals and the whole battery comparment fell out, the lights worked, so I reglued it but in looking at the comparment thats what I saw, and the pine combs seem to be the same, and so far they really look nice not a mactch to either the lamp or the pedestals but they look good and very brite

Trusted Contributor

Hi Marsha,

Thanks for the pictures of the pinecones. They look really good. I didn't order but had thought about them. Love the picture with all you did with your QVC goodies. Thanks for that one too. I love seeing what others do with their things.

Enjoy your pinecones.

JPC

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the great pics, Marsha. I knew I saw what I thought was multiple lights inside the pinecones and pumpkins, so at least now I know I haven't totally lost it.

Mallemo, I agree that it's a little frustrating to get an incorrect answer straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak. I appreciate you asking her for us, though. It would be nice if they could have a look at a sample before replying, but I guess that isn't always possible.

Marsha, Are the brown Luminaras 5 inches tall? That height looks nice with the pedestals and rings. Do I see the Finley Hill candle rings? If so, they look great.

I had thought I might do the same type thing with the pinecones, if I had ordered them in chocolate. I'd probably have tucked them into either my garland or shorter swag. I think they look really good tucked into the cornucopia.

BTS, The bottom rim would probably bug me too, I'm afraid. I would be looking for some way to hide the base. My first thought was a napkin ring made of either small Fall leaves or beading, but they may be too small in diameter.

Respected Contributor

SHOPR, Good idea about using napkin rings if they are big enough to hide the bases of the pine cones and pumpkins. I measured the base of the pine cone and it seems to be a little over 1-3/4". I assume the pumpkins are of a comparable size.

Regarding the the picture I posted, you are absolutely correct about the 5" Luminara and Finley candle rings. I'm not sure I love the brown candles with the brown pedestals in that application. I'm looking forward to seeing the other square pedestals I ordered and mixing them with the champagne pine cones. I want to be sure I can use all the pieces before keeping them.

Esteemed Contributor

Marsha, I'll look forward to any other ideas you come up with for using your pedestal sets. My gold set has arrived. I'll leave my thoughts on them on the other pedestal thread, if I can find it.

Honored Contributor

I got the pinecones and the mini pumpkins in all color choices and am very disappointed. At least two in each set have one side that is colored nice and dark, but the other side you can see through completely, as if they didn't "glaze" the inside of that half very well (they are almost clear on one side, and you can see all the inner workings).

These are too expensive to have to turn and hide the defects. I'm going to try to put together at least one set of each and send back the defective ones. Some timers don't seem to be working either. I'm really getting more and more disappointed at VPH quality. And getting tired of the pat answer she gives on Facebook when someone receives defective merchandise that is sold out with no replacements available "Sorry to disappoint you". Get past sorry and get the quality control processes working.