Contributor

VPH H202090 Hurricane question

Hi,

Hoping for some help from forum members since customer service told me Valerie Parr Hill cannot be contacted through email and I don't have a facebook account. I received this hurricane with the small bird on the lid. I absolutely love it, but there is a small spot on the top of the birds head that is lighter in color. It looks like the bisque either wasn't applied or rubbed off. Does anyone have a suggestion on how it could be covered. I would rather not return the piece if I can do a simple fix on it, since I do like it very much. Thanks for any suggestions.

Honored Contributor

Re: VPH H202090 Hurricane question

The only thing I can think of might be too much work for you and actually sending it back might be easier.

If you really don't want to return it for another one, I would suggest going to a home improvements store...Home Depot, Lowe's, Ace Hardware, etc and bring the lid. You will need it to find a matte paint color to match the bisque color. You can get small amounts of the paint for about $3-4 and then you will need a brush to apply it...so extra $ out of pocket. It also might not look great after all that either. Some things are easily fixable so no one could tell there was a defect...others, not so much and it could make the defect look worse.

Personally, I would just order another one...send the one you have back, mark on the return slip/order form as defective and get a replacement. You also won't be paying extra for S&H since it is defective...HTH Smile

Contributor

Re: VPH H202090 Hurricane question

Thanks so much Susan Louise for the suggestions!