Honored Contributor

VINTAGE LOOKING PITCHER AT A GREAT PRICE

[ Edited ]

OK, I'm a broken record on the subject of the Messina pitcher--  have touted it before!   (This photo makes it look shorter than it actually is, but otherwise accurate.)

zu42110986_main_tm1474474096.jpg

I was pleasantly surprised to see it still available at certain outlets, including my local Big Lots for $10.  Have to say, having had it for awhile, it is my best purchase, for the price, ever from Big Lots!

This hit me recently, when we had a huge mixed bouquet of flowers this month.  We don't have fresh flowers very often, and rarely this "voluminous" a bunch.  

I realized I had no vases with a wide enough opening so that the blooms would all fit and fall gracefully and naturally.  My ginger jars, my Wedgwood creamware pitcher, all too narrow or in some cases, too small. 

Edited to add: I should say, I had no vases with this wide an opening, EXCEPT my Messina pitcher--  I've actually had it for over a year, but hadn't realized how well it fills the gap in my container collection, since I haven't needed this wide a container till now.  

This pitcher, based on the design of an antique ironstone creamer, is perfect for big bunches of flowers or branches, and looks like a million bucks.  It's about 91/2 inches tall and about 6 inch across, give or take. Holds 82 ounces of liquid, and dishwasher and microwave safe.  Has heft, but looks graceful, and is a versatile white-- just ever so slightly 'creamy' white, but still white.

I promise I'm not an agent for the Home Essentials line!  But if anyone looking for a budget-friendly vase, you can't miss at this price. 

Frequent Contributor

Re: VINTAGE LOOKING PITCHER AT A GREAT PRICE

Elegant lines.thanks

Respected Contributor

@Oznell  I love it!

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor

Perfect fresh flower pot....and for $10!

Trusted Contributor

@Oznell  It really is pretty and can lend itself to many decors. Enjoy your great find.

Honored Contributor

Oznell!

You are not a broken record at all, in fact i always look forward to your decor posts..  It appears Big Lots has some nice surprises such as this pitcher!  Very pretty and yes, it would look lovely filled with fresh or faux flowers or just standing alone.

Despite the fact I have so much decor, I never get tired of looking at antiques, collectibles and surprise pieces at all stores!!!!!

Trusted Contributor

@Oznell, I enjoy your messages so very much. YOU could post one hundred times and I would still LOVE

Respected Contributor

@Oznell   Thanks for posting.  Looks like a road trip to Big Lots is in order. Love the pitcher!

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Honored Contributor

Hey, great, @luvzchiz !   I just checked my local Big Lots online, and although there were 2 there the last time I looked, that particular store seems to be now sold out. 

So, to avoid disappointment, I'd suggest you check Big Lots online to see if your local store still has them.  You probably know that you just fill in your zip code or city, and they check availability at your store.  They still have them to order online, though.  And if all else fails, I see that Hobby Lobby has an identical, slightly smaller one, under "White Glossy Pitcher".