Honored Contributor

@Oznell 

Peter Dunham and Hattersley are my favorties though I love LeChic Garrett. I love everything he does.  My coffee table in this house changed. I added contemporary sectional in with my English furniture and a rather rustic coffee table of (probably) pine plank with wrought iron scrollwork legs.  My house is not a purist any longer but I still have lotsa Britishy stuff.  All of them are very pretty.  My DIL has that outdoor garden look in her breakfast room and has a wrought iron (sort of shrimp color) with a glass top and the chairs she recently reupholstered in a floral tomato like ground. It's not my favorite but it fits her.  She is more --- than I am.

Respected Contributor

I think most of these rooms and tablescapes are gorgeous.  I love the first one.  If that is a door used as a table, so clever. I am also liking the pairing of the blue n white asian style pillows with the tiger print - I would never think to pair those up in a million years, but I love it.  Also the garden table room is so pretty with the glass table and chairs and the plants on pedestals to the back.  Wish I had the knack for decorating like that.

Fun to look at these photos and dream.......Woman Wink

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday,  your beautiful heirloom items sound so scrumptious, plus the special meaning that comes with family pieces!   I'm in a similar boat in that my son will likely not be excited by most of my treasures. I'm going to enjoy them thoroughly in the meantime...   Yes, Garrett LeChic does super things, it's too bad that that screenshot I grabbed from one of his videos, was not optimum!  

@jellyBEAN,  that's just what images like this do for me too, facilitate a lot of decorating dreaming!   Fun. 

Esteemed Contributor

I find most of them to be too cluttered for me.  I like the Jan Flowers breakfast room the best.

Honored Contributor

The first one is my favorite. I also really like the Cindy Hattersely table with the beautiful yellow flowers. 

The emerald green chairs really caught my eye...very pretty.

Honored Contributor

I LOVE looking and designing tablescapes and mantle scapes  and any other "scapes"--- even on the walls-----it is very soothing to me and I have a ton of different bric-a-brac to use. its amazng how you can put together things in a group that you would never think goes together--maybe just a color or shape---is enough to use. 

Honored Contributor

Oznell!

Thank you for your kind comments!  That vase is from Peony and I purchased after you posted a picture!!!!!  I have you to thank for such a lovely item.  I display the vase and faux flowers on a pedestal between my dining room windows. For spring and summer I put peonies in it which I bought from Pier One.  I change flowers for the seasons as I said.

My love for antiques came from my mother who appreciated that decor.  She displayed her favorites on tables and I always loved looking at them. My taste lies in elegant and formal and that is why I love those old stately homes.  I enjoy the home posts and appreciate all the creativity.  I like to think I have a tiny bit of it in myself!!!!! 

Respected Contributor

@Oznellthanks for the beautiful tablescapes....always enjoy your posts and get great ideas.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: VARIOUS "TABLESCAPES"

[ Edited ]

@Oznell, I always enjoy your posts, even though I am totally unfamiliar with interior designers.  Many years ago we purchased a large and rustic coffee table for our family room.  It is a converted old ship hatch refinished wood plank boards, bought from a large company specializing in like items.

I gravitate heavily to an Early American look for my home.  Full of things I love, certainly not sparse.  Dear husband and spoiled kitty live here, as well as me.  There likely are some items that will be adopted when we are gone, but I think the rest could be sold or donated.  My tastes are ever-evolving.

I have a small retro British book fairy statue on a windowsill and just bought a large one for our garden.  I have taken a liking to William Morris tapestry and plan to get a copy of “The Strawberry Thief” on a small poster for my bathroom.

Just for starters!  Either crazy or very optimistic for a woman who is 76 years old.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell 

I like some of these tablescapes, but a few are too cluttered for me.

@SXMGirl 

I had to remove most of the accessories from my tables, because DH complained about them. He was always knocking things over or off our tables.