Respected Contributor

Using the Freestanding Tubs?

Just wondering if anyone has a freestanding tub in their home or has used one?  They appear to be in all magazines but I cant imagine using.  I like ledges to put things on and I like having walls to catch drips, etc.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Using the Freestanding Tubs?

@Twins Mom      Definitely NOT for me......I need those "physical assistance" bars on the walls.......or I'd be stuck in the tub 'til the end of time......(if I could climb over the side in the first place.)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I just can't imagine getting in and out of those tubs.  No thanks!

Respected Contributor

@Twins Mom  I personally don't care for them, but I have in-laws that have them in their new home they had built.  It reminds me of an old western or something on TV when you see someone pouring a bucket of water on the person while in that type of tub because it's not hooked up to a regular faucet.  🛀🛁

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Respected Contributor

I've used them in hotels and B&Bs. Would never have one in my house. Give me a big shower with a flat floor.

Esteemed Contributor

I like the way they look, but I wouldn't want to clean under them or walls around them.

Honored Contributor

I've hated tubs since I had to clean them with a gritty cleanser as a child.  We built a house with shower only.  If I ever bought a house with a tub I'd plant stuff in it.  

Honored Contributor

@Mary Bailey wrote:

I like the way they look, but I wouldn't want to clean under them or walls around them.

A longstanding pet peeve of mine is people putting the freestanding tubs close to a wall. Cleaning behind one can be next to impossible. If you drop something back there, good luck in getting it out. If I had a bathroom with one, I'd want it far enough from the wall so I could walk around it.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Don't have one and don't want one.  They can be pretty to look at but I wouldn't want to have that as my bathtub.  Besides, I don't do baths anyway; I'm a shower girl!

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Super Contributor

I thought I was the only one who didn't like tubs!  Woman Surprised

Every home buyer on HGTV absolutely love them.  I thought I was weird for not wanting one!

Man plans. God laughs.