Honored Contributor

Urge to decorate for fall and Halloween

[ Edited ]

I've been watching the Good Witch movies most of the day on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries.  I'd forgotten that so many of them center on Halloween.

The gorgeous fall colors and the Halloween holiday decorations they use in each movie has transported me right into fall.  I feel like pulling out all my pumpkins, black cats, orange candles, etc. etc.

I have a feeling I'm not the only one.

Related image

Image result for good witch movies halloween decor

Good Witch: Spellbound - Cassie (Catherine Bell) and Grace (Bailee Madison) decorate Grey Manor.  #FallHarvest #HallmarkChannel #Goodies

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Re: Urge to decorate for fall and Halloween

It's July.

Esteemed Contributor

@faeriemoon  like no kidding!

We stopped at Cracker Barrel while traveling, they already have Halloween decor in their store area. 

It's 95 degrees here.

Valued Contributor

July is when most retailers set their displays for fall and Halloween. So it isn't too early for artists and crafters to prepare their creations.  Craft stores typically have the materials ready for crafters, giving them plenty of time to make their Harvest/Halloween art for autumn craft shows.  I enjoy seeing what's new in the stores and online.

Looking forward to when David will be presenting his show, David's Great Big Harvest on Aug. 9 at 8pm.  And once September comes, I'll bring out the fall wreaths and pumpkins.

~ To Know, To Dare, To Will, To Remain Silent ~
Frequent Contributor

I love the Hallmark channel and The Good Witch is a series I love to watch.  Yes we know its July and so hot.  It is nice to think about Fall though with all the decorating and colors.  I have health issues and sometimes I like to watch to escape to another time and place. Take Care Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Do what makes you happy.  You could always sneak in some orange candles now.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's been in the high 80s and humid - I'm not feeling very Fallish or Halloweeny yet but I can't wait.

Honored Contributor

I don't really decorate at all for Hallowe'en, @GingerPeach, but understand the anticipation of fall decorating.  I enjoy summer, but tend to clear the decorating decks then, don't do much to acknowledge that season.

When I can't wait to decorate for fall, usually in mid-August, I pull out my tiny collection (3) of white ceramic pumpkins.  White seems a good summer/fall transition, I tell myself!  Right now I have one little concession to the coming season-- I couldn't wait to strew just one of my VPH bronze faux acorns on the coffee table...

Trusted Contributor

Fall is my absolute favorite time of year and I start decorating about mid August. I love the cozy feeling that my Fall decorations bring to my home. The leaves, pumpkins, amber lights, and the vibrant colors of the leaves are so fun to decorate with. Halloween has always been my favorite as well, but I only sprinkle a few Halloween type items in the Fall decor and take those few down once Halloween is over. I usually start putting out Winter/Christmas items around the first week of November. I’ve downsized my decorations quite a bit, so the ones I’ve kept are special, so I love to have them out as long as I can through the Fall/Winter Holidays.

Honored Contributor

I love the falll, but I also love summer.  I'm in no hurry for it to end, despite the fact that we're do for another heat-wave of sorts the early part of this week.