Esteemed Contributor

Re: Urge to decorate for fall and Halloween

[ Edited ]

@GingerPeach wrote:

I've been watching the Good Witch movies most of the day on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries.  I'd forgotten that so many of them center on Halloween.

The gorgeous fall colors and the Halloween holiday decorations they use in each movie has transported me right into fall.  I feel like pulling out all my pumpkins, black cats, orange candles, etc. etc.

I have a feeling I'm not the only one.

Related image

Image result for good witch movies halloween decor

Good Witch: Spellbound - Cassie (Catherine Bell) and Grace (Bailee Madison) decorate Grey Manor.  #FallHarvest #HallmarkChannel #Goodies

I actually started last weekend!!!...autumn is my fav time to decorate...I'm single..so its ok..lol! No one to say...Are you kidding?? Besides its been cooler lately and I'm ready for FALL!!!!!! Pier One already has Fall decor...I ordered a Fall pillow from Country Door yesterday and  a fall bouquet from Pier One last week..lol! Woman WinkHeart

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

@grandma petes wrote:

Fall is my absolute favorite time of year and I start decorating about mid August. I love the cozy feeling that my Fall decorations bring to my home. The leaves, pumpkins, amber lights, and the vibrant colors of the leaves are so fun to decorate with. Halloween has always been my favorite as well, but I only sprinkle a few Halloween type items in the Fall decor and take those few down once Halloween is over. I usually start putting out Winter/Christmas items around the first week of November. I’ve downsized my decorations quite a bit, so the ones I’ve kept are special, so I love to have them out as long as I can through the Fall/Winter Holidays.

Ita...I put out some fall decor yesterday...since my kids are grown...I don't really do Halloween anymore~

-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

It's July.

The point is when you sit inside with air conditioning and are looking at gorgeous fall leaves on beautifully photographed trees, and all scenes are accented with folks dressed in adorable fall-looking outfits, putting out shiny, sparkly, seasonal decor, it no longer feels like July.

I appreciate everyone's responses, but everyone took my post a little too seriously.  I was playing, imagining.

I think its great...! I'm so anxious for Fall...its been so hot this summer...and its cooler now..why not decorate??? Woman Very Happy

-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

@J Town Girl wrote:

@GingerPeach  When I saw the title of your post my first thought was I wonder if she watched the Good Witch Marathon over the weekend.    There was quite a bit of Autumn and Halloween decorating throughout the different shows.  

Like you, I am also starting to look forward to the arrival of Fall.   That has always been my favorite season.   I know many love Summer but to me, the heat just makes going outside intolerable.  

I can't wait to walk through the crunchy leaves and enjoy the crisp air of those October and November days.

I feel the same..it gets too hot here..I get this way every year..! I'm SO over summer! Woman Sad

-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

It's July.

The point is when you sit inside with air conditioning and are looking at gorgeous fall leaves on beautifully photographed trees, and all scenes are accented with folks dressed in adorable fall-looking outfits, putting out shiny, sparkly, seasonal decor, it no longer feels like July.

I appreciate everyone's responses, but everyone took my post a little too seriously.  I was playing, imagining.

I get it; I look forward to fall too.  But no matter how hot it gets in the summer I picture snow and remember the freezing temperatures of winter, and realize I'd take the heat any day.  Fall would probably be my favorite season if it didn't lead to winter.  I'm a summer/fall person.  Hate winter, and spring seems to be less and less existent

I just can't bring myself to rush summer away.  Plus I enjoy my summer place and all the company that gathers there throughout the season.