Honored Contributor

Re: Upscale Kitchen...

[ Edited ]

I'm thinking this house is on a ranch or that they at least have a hobby farm or a stable.  As far as upscale goes, that looks like one mighty expensive range.   Two things I would have changed, the stone tops on the islands don't match, and that iron three dimensional plaque on the back of the stove would be a grease catcher and hard to clean.

Honored Contributor

Very interesting.  Probably the reason the counter tops don't match is there would be too much darker marble.  The lighter island has a smaller sink, probably a "vegetable" sink, also, the lighter colors define that area as being seperate. 

I agree about the insert over the range being difficult to clean.  I would like to see what the main sink area looks like.

Personally, I don't care for the picture frames in gold guilt in a kitchen.

No doubt the formality of this kitchen flows well with the rest of the house. 

Respected Contributor

I don't care for the kitchen, too much going on and what's with the two islands and the different counter tops?  They don't work well together at all.

Respected Contributor

Finally something has been created to scare me away from the kitchen. I don’t  like that horse on the hood at all. 🤣

Respected Contributor

Nothing seems upscale to me. Just way too much going on. Get rid of 3/4 of the stuff on the walls.

Esteemed Contributor

No to the horse head. I love it otherwise. 

Honored Contributor

Get rid of the hanging pots and animal heads, and its a great kitchen! I have never liked the look of hanging pots.....

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Upscale Kitchen...

[ Edited ]

This looks like a mafia country kitchen.  Pretty in places but no, just no.  

Esteemed Contributor
I prefer everything in a kitchen to be standardized. There are too many mismatched items here for me.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Trusted Contributor

I can hear my husband yelling as he bangs his head into the stove hood - over and over again!