Trusted Contributor

Re: Updated Craftsman Kitchen

I like all the elements of this kitchen but not together.  My favorite is the backsplash with my least favorite being the paint color.  Anyway, the sink seems to be in a weird location.  I think I would have put it under the larger window.  I always think of the triangle between stove, sink and refrigerator and if I have to guess where the fridge is, this layout doesn't work for me.  Let me say, though, that if someone were to give me this house as a freebie, I'd learn to be content in it quite easily - LOL.  

Esteemed Contributor

Wow beautiful kitchen. I love window sills also. 

Honored Contributor

Love that kitchen. Nothing boring about it - plus it's easy to add a pop of color. Those windows sold me on the look!

Respected Contributor

I love it! I repainted my wood cabinets years ago to all white and it suits me well but I have a very small kitchen. I would love to have a kitchen this big. Windowsills are a big plus for me; I love seeing plants in the kitchen.

Respected Contributor

I like the sink where it is.  It's also a very very good idea not to have plumbing on an outside wall especially in a cold climate.  You could be working at the sink and not feel like your back is to everyone.  Yes, I could move right into this kitchen.

Honored Contributor

I would just change the countertop color and the light fixtures. I love the windows.

You can decorate this kitchen easily and that appeals to me.

Honored Contributor

@author wrote:

I like the sink where it is.  It's also a very very good idea not to have plumbing on an outside wall especially in a cold climate.  You could be working at the sink and not feel like your back is to everyone.  Yes, I could move right into this kitchen.

@author I like where it is for the very same reasons!!

Respected Contributor

@jubilant 

I love this kitchen, it's beautiful.  Loads of pretty windows for the natural light.  For craftsman style, it has a nice, light & airy space.  Well done remodelling job.  Normally, there's usually "something" I'd want replaced, but I like everything in this space.

Thanks for sharing. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

I'd also like to see the sink located somewhere other than in the counter where it's positioned, preferring it not be quite as visible from the adjoining space.

@stevieb 

I agree, I'd prefer the sink under the window sill area.

@jubilant 

I really like this kitchen. Love all the windows. I like the cabinets and counter too. Hoping there's a few more cabinets I can't see. I would add a pop of color in my accessories and table linens. 

Respected Contributor

I really like this kitchen!  Even the light fixtures....!

The wood cabinets are really beautiful and the dark countertop sets them off so well. 

The light painted wordwork and window sill with the soft wall color (so pretty) is a beautiful contrast to the more masculine cabinets/counter.  The windows, sigh.  It's great.