Esteemed Contributor

Update on small kitchen in new house

[ Edited ]

Remember that kitchen I showed a few weeks ago with hardly no cabinets.  Here is a different picture. Still don’t think I like the lack of upper cabinets. I included both pictures. The house has since been finished.6470C664-DDDC-49DE-BCAC-32A763CDFFD6.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Re: Update on small kitchen in new house

So the kitchen on the bottom, the cabinets are in that big work island? If so, I like that idea, but I would also add a big farm type table for more work space. In the first photo, there are so few cabinets, I don't see the point.

Respected Contributor

I do think the island has cabinet on both sides, so that is a great deal of bottom cabinets, though the ones with the stools are more difficult to reach, but probably have slides. Since none of us live there, the point is mute.
Honored Contributor

I still don't like it.  There must be a reason for the design that I'm not getting.  I guess I don't like the idea of everything in the kitchen being in the island.  

Esteemed Contributor

Not a kitchen I could cook in.......

Honored Contributor

Definitely a kitchen for someone who doesn't cook.  Attractive, but impractical.

Honored Contributor

Just from the pictures I've seen this house wouldn't interest me in the slightest.However, there are a lot of people who never cook, and would find this kitchen totally adequate for their needs.

Honored Contributor

The kitchen in my small home is no bigger and I do plenty of cooking. I’d love a larger kitchen but you don’t need as much space as you think in order to cook.
Honored Contributor

It's a nice kitchen.

Honored Contributor

Absolutely the perfect kitchen for me.  I have that type of counter with deep pot drawers on the dining room side, no bar stools.