Honored Contributor

Re: Update on my BROKEN ice maker on Samsung fridge ๐Ÿ˜ค๐Ÿ˜ค๐Ÿ˜ค๐Ÿ˜ค๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜–

@IamMrsG

thank you I found it.   I also found a class action brought just 9 months ago by a couple in Virginia -- filed in NY district court.

very interesting i could have written the same issues!!!

Respected Contributor

Re: Update on my BROKEN ice maker on Samsung fridge ๐Ÿ˜ค๐Ÿ˜ค๐Ÿ˜ค๐Ÿ˜ค๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜–

@homedecor1
Just realized that not only do you have ice maker issues but the water could also be impacting floor and subfloor issues. Hope this issue gets resolved satisfactorily for you soon.
Honored Contributor

I have an old---18 years---bottom freezer refer, that has sounded like a freight train running thru my house for the last several years--finally decided to get it fixed--holy cow!!!!!! Cost me $125 for the first visit and then for parts and then $75 yesterday to have the guy replace the condenser motor in the freezer. It is purring like a kitten now,, my sanity is restored-------but the repairmen--had different ones come first time and then yesterday--once again tell me how they would NEVER buy the fancy, high tech appliances as that is what they repair the most and the parts are hellishly pricey!!! Good to know as I will be replacing all my 18 year old things in a few years. 

Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1

It's obvious that Samsung has many complaints about the ice maker - thus is an exclusion. Did u charge the purchase on ur credit card? Sometimes, they will pay for the repair. 

Respected Contributor

I have a 3 or 4 year old Samsung 3-door (freezer on bottom) refrigerator that I just LOVE...but it doesn't have an icemaker. It doesn't really have any other bells & whistles, either. It hasn't given me a minute's trouble so far.

I see all these new fridges with functions like making your grocery list, knocking on the door to see inside, etc. and all I can think is "bet THAT won't last long"! But you'd think icemakers would have been perfected by now.

Sorry you're going through all this @homedecor1. Try not to let it spoil your trip.

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

I would have it taken out and disconnected.

You can buy a whole lot of ice cube trays for $300 and have extra room in the freezer.

Some ice from icemakers tastes strange IMO.

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

You can buy a whole lot of ice cube trays for $300 and have extra room in the freezer.

That's what I do.  It's not a big deal to make your own ice.

Respected Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

@CelticCrafter wrote:

I would have it taken out and disconnected.

Some ice from icemakers tastes strange IMO.

@missy1 I agree! That's part of the reason I never wanted one again. We had one in a previous refrigerator, and just didn't care for it. Also, we have very hard water that even a whole house softener can't completely fix, so that's a problem. 

Honored Contributor

As long as the refrigerator is still working fine, I would just disconnect and if possible remove the ice maker.   

This very issue has affected several makes of refrigerators for several years; I dealt with it on a GE with freezer on the bottom, and my motherโ€™s Frigidaire refrigerator has the same issue.   Mom and I do not have the water connection to use our ice makers, nor do we want one, but if the unit has the ice maker in it, the unit will do its best to make ice.   Once our compressor line got plugged up, we had puddles in the floor and an ice dam under the freezer basket.  

With the help of an online video, my husband cleared our compressor line, and then removed the ice maker.   That fridge is still going strong in the garage.   The new fridge I bought for the kitchen was special ordered without the ice maker.

Esteemed Contributor

Exactly @Aunt, Mine will be 3 years old in December. No issues so far, knock on wood