Respected Contributor

Re: Update on my BROKEN ice maker on Samsung fridge ๐Ÿ˜ค๐Ÿ˜ค๐Ÿ˜ค๐Ÿ˜ค๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜–

[ Edited ]

@homedecor1  Hope this is corrected.....good grief.  Have a wonderful trip.

All of our appliances are Samsung..................Smiley Indifferent

Honored Contributor

Re: Update on my BROKEN ice maker on Samsung fridge ๐Ÿ˜ค๐Ÿ˜ค๐Ÿ˜ค๐Ÿ˜ค๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜–

FYI:

The water line and ICE maker portion has been on OFF on front panel since June 30th when I had my first big "flood"!  In fact, its been OFF more than on since April.

This picture depicts the ICE BUILD up that is forming everyday since the coil (or whatever) doesn't have the "sensor" to tell the ice maker system its OFF! In fact, now in my freezer I'm finding ice crystals on the food (and I have it set at the recommended setting per Samsung) -- ugh...hope this isn't a sign of things to come!!!

I immediately turned the water line off after my first "flooded" episode.

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter

Its been disconnected for 3 months -- this pic is yesterday depicting the ice build up that continues since the "sensor" is not telling the ice maker its in OFF position!  

I get ice every other day from our big ice maker over at the clubhouse and frankly it tastes better than anything that ever came out of this fridge!

Honored Contributor

@ccassaday

can you possible post the link OR the info on that recall.  I've looked and I can't seem to find recall or info for this particular model.  Thanks!

Respected Contributor

Please advise if this is side-by-side or triple door. Salesman at appliance store really praising Samsung but I was wondering....if the ice maker sits in refrigerator, is it cold enough for the ice maker? Important topic for me right now. Thanks for sharing. Which fridge is reliable???!!
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

For information on the class action lawsuit against Samsung for faulty ice makers, go to:

https://www. classactiondotorg/blog/looking-for-updates-on-the-samsung-ice-maker-lawsuit-heres-everything-we-know

Just delete the space I inserted before "classaction" and change "dot" to, you know, an actual dot. 

Edited to break link.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

Not something I want to hear since I bought a Samsung fridge earlier this year.

Honored Contributor

@sienna123 wrote:

had the same problem with my 2 year old samsung. Luckily we took out the warranty on it and they ordered the part and fixed the problem. Tech said this was a very common problem with these fridges.  I don't expect this part to last more than 2 years so will probably be hacking up $300 plus the next time around or be buying ice cube trays. He thought maybe a GE fridge would be better. Any GE owners out there with the same problem?

@sienna123  I have a four year old GE Monogram, and we think it is the defrosting that makes water puddle on the floor.  I finally told DH to disconnect the water line to the ice maker, but that didn't solve the problem.  GE used to be great, but I wouldn't buy it again.  Two of the freezer drawers were frozen shut for two years until DH dcided to see if he could hack the ice off, very difficult, now has to deal with it every Sunday morning.  

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1

I feel your pain!

Have same fridge, same problem, one year older - same problem twice!

Never again will I have that brand in my home even if they are GIVING them away.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Twins Mom

2016 February (got my paperwork out) although was not delivered until March, 2016.   It is a french door model.

stay away -- run away -- from Samsung.  I got it based on salesman recommendations (from 2 appliance stores) they must make BIG commissions selling this JUNK!!!

Today's update:  spouse called me can't get "veg bins" to close right...omg, 4" of ice has formed on the back wall....

Im away so that's just going to have to wait! take drawers out๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜ฌ