Honored Contributor

Respected Contributor

Not exactly upholstery but my eyes kinda popped out yesterday when I saw this bed set on the southern channel site.Yikes.

Concierge Elements 11pc Boho Comforter Set

Honored Contributor

I like a pop of fun upholstery on traditionally styled chairs.  A colorful chair or two would be nice in a foyer or bedroom, or tucked beneath the dining room table.

A couple of those chairs you posted look like a torture chamber item, They don’t look comfortable and I don’t like them at all no matter how they are upholstered.

When I was first married, I had a sofa and love seat reupholstered in a fabric that was accented in purple.  The background was cream and the main colors were different shades of tan and brown with a dark green and a little purple.

My carpet was brown, tan and also had a highlight of purple.  I did this in a time when everything was orange, gold and olive green in home decor.

Everyone went wild over my choice.  It was really nice.  When we moved, the man who bought the place wanted my living room furniture, so I sold it to him. It matched the carpet perfectly.

Honored Contributor

These would all make a great bonfire! That's all they're good for IMO. Ugly, every one of them. Ick.

Honored Contributor

Never.

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

This chair rocks! It would be kind of hard to put it in your house without making it look awkward.

Eeek! to all except maybe this one and that blue one and I do love orange (except for those dots, so maybe that one tooSmiley Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

I like some of the patterns, but not a fan of the pieces of furniture.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Unusual Upholstery

[ Edited ]

love love love!

i would use any of the posted in a traditional setting,  

one_kings_lane_patrick_miele_living_room_01.jpg

livingroom-furniture-tasteful-charcoal-living-room-decors-with-upholstery-coffee-table-feat-charcoal-sofa-on-laminate-wood-floors-ideas-piquant-charcoal-sofa-and-loveseat-contemporary-design.jpg

designer-living-room-chairs-extraordinary-livingroom-furniture-ideas-22.jpg

greenprintchairs.jpg

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Honored Contributor

Re: Unusual Upholstery

[ Edited ]

@lolakimono wrote:

Cutting+Garden+High-Back+Wing+Chair+by+MacKenzie-Childs+at+Neiman+Marcus.

@lolakimono This reminds me of the McKenzie-Childs products they sell on Evine.

Honored Contributor

I like a lot of it in the right house or cottage. Won't go with my decor. I could always re-do my whole house. LOL!!!