Honored Contributor

Re: Unusual Park Bench Installation

[ Edited ]

I guess it's decorative, in its way, though I don't find in particularly appealinng... As was noted, no shade and not sure I'd want to sit with as many other people as that series of benches would accommodate... The grass doesn't look like turf that won't grow, so as was also noted, keeping it trimmed would be a nuisance.... I'm more or less neutral on this one, though I can't really say I see the point...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Unusual. However, if I could lay down on one of the benches, I doubt I could back up.

Honored Contributor

My initial reaction is negative, and am trying to figure out why.  First, let's see-- it's too serpentine, or something.  I don't like all those lines converging toward one center, especially in a restful park setting...  I would feel like I was being subtly guided too much.

It's too "communal" maybe.  Wouldn't want to be that close to other people on benches.  Like to be able to see other people in a park, enjoying themselves, but not forcibly 'squinched' into close proximity, ha.

Respected Contributor

I don't think this is comfortable at all. I like plain park benches. Just feels odd or something..
Respected Contributor

Skateboarding?

Esteemed Contributor

It's definitely unique.  I like the concept but I would also prefer a back rest.  It also would be a pain for the park employees to mow and trim around.  I noticed tall grass in a couple of pictures.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

unique but uncomfortable to use

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

From a distance, it looks like a giant piece of sea coral washed up. Interesting to the eye, but very impractical for seating any but children and young adults.