Honored Contributor

Unique reading nooks.

[ Edited ]

Interesting, outside the box, comfortable and inviting.  Here are a few spaces that appeal to me.

How to Create the Perfect Cozy Reading Nook On a Budget - Decoholic

7 Bohemian Reading Nooks for Cozy Afternoons

Here are a few that are less bohemian:

Cozy Green Reading Nook - Home Office Design Ideas & Photos

23 Industrial ideas | house design, house interior, interior design

Grab Your Favorite Book in 20 Tranquil Home Reading Areas | Home Design  Lover

7 Bohemian Reading Nooks for Cozy Afternoons

RELAXING AND COZY READING CORNERS IDEAS | Vintage Industrial Style

My big thing with reading nooks is the chair.  I like a big cushy upholstered chair where you can plop yourself in your most comfortable reading position.  As much as window seats are inviting to look at, I find them impossible to relax in.  For that reason I didn't post any here.

I guess this is the reason I seem to fall asleep when I read....

Honored Contributor

Not sure which one to claim as mine. Probably not one that has stair steps leading to it.

Honored Contributor

Some great comfy spots for sure!  I love the one with the fairy lights and the wood stove.

I like to be by the fireplace for reading in my home as after sitting awhile I get cold!  Lovely photos and a good reminder to get back to my book!  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Fun post...

#2 is my fav~and the most my vibe. I love it.

#4 would be my choice for a vacation, Air B&B getaway

#6 While not my style, at all, doesn't look comfy for a "reading nook" either...and yet...I have to admire the style in which it's put together...very nice, for what it is.

#7 Very minimilist, which isn't me, but I like the bohemian vibe, I love a swinging type chair like that, love all the natural light and wrap around window views, so it'd be a fun place to swing, sip tea and read. It's pretty. Knowing me I'd "clutter it up" just a tad more with some accents...just me. But I like it.

#9 That slipper chair looks comfy. The floor is interesting. The rest of the room is not for me...looks a bit stiff for the chair vibe.

Thanks for posting...some nice nooks. 📚

Honored Contributor

Beautiful, cozy spaces!!!!! 

Valued Contributor
I agree it's ALL about the chair & proper lighting too! Some of these are beautiful! I'm not a fan of indoor string lights. I did that in college & it just seems juvenile to me unless the space is for a kid or young adult.
Honored Contributor

What beautiful areas you found!  Thank you!

I love all of the rich textures and all of the rooms were very well done.  I would fall asleep too, lol!!!

Honored Contributor

Nice collection, @faeriemoon 

Each has an appeal, many depending  as well on the age or physical ability of a user. 
The only one that doesn't seem quite for reading is #6, with the deep colored chair. That one seems like a spot where your butler asks your visitor to "please wait here" while you are still upstairs with your maid who's helping you dress.

Guess whether I've been catching Downton episodes lately!

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach  LOL!

Esteemed Contributor

Numbers 3 and 4 are my favorite ones.