Honored Contributor

Re: Unique Staircase "Runner"

Keeping it looking nice over the long term is the challenge. Risers tend to take a beating. Once it starts to get scuffed or dinged the illusion fades pretty quickly. I don't see it being a problem with depth perception or otherwise as you tend to be looking down if anything when climbing stairs and when you're on the stairs you don't notice the risers. You'd only really notice them from a distance. People's feet do tend to hit the risers on a regular enough basis that over the long term it would get pretty badly dinged. It's pretty though when new. Probably not as pretty six months or a year later.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

I think it is very unique and attractive---am wondering if the house is on the coast somewhere there are light houses--I really like the idea of using that blank space on the back of stairs with with art unless they are carpeted of course. Have seen many ideas for this and really do like it.

Respected Contributor

I like it but  just not in my house.

Esteemed Contributor

It certainly is a conversation piece. I'd love it in a second home / vacay home - which I do not have - maybe someday or in another life. Thanks for sharing. That was fun. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Nicely done, but a no for me. It's a distraction on a fairly significant flight of stairs. I'd prefer art in other formats. And then there's the issue of maintining it.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

It's neat, but with my balance, I'd have to pass.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jersey Born  I think that this would look beautiful on a wall, but my vertigo is kicking in as I look at that staircase.  The art work is fabulous.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

Beautiful artwork, but I wouldn't want it on my stairs. If I owned a beach house I'd prefer it on a wall. 

Respected Contributor

@millieshops Or if I were a seagull

Respected Contributor

@Jersey Born 

I love the image because I prefer coastal decor.  I don't care for where it is.  I think it may cause someone to misstep  & possibly be an accident waiting to happen.