Respected Contributor

I must admit that I kind of like this novel idea.  The image of the lighthouse turns the staircase into "art" and provides a false illusion of the outdoors inside of the home. Of course, I would prefer a beach scene of the ocean waves and a brilliant sunset on my staircase. What do you think?

May be an image of outdoors 

Honored Contributor

Re: Unique Staircase "Runner"

@Jersey Born   Sure, if I were a sailor and owned a house in a sailing community.

Honored Contributor

I think I would like it very much on a wall but for some reason as much as I love being near the ocean and lighthouses, it just makes me feel a little like something is awaiting behind the stairs.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

Clever idea but I would find it a bit disorienting climbing those stairs.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's beautiful but I'd get distracted and stumble up the stairs.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

It is a lovely scene but I agree with others, dizziness comes to mind.

Valued Contributor

I think I would like it better if it was just the sky....no buildings. It really brings the outdoors in.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I agree with everyone it would play with your depth perception, and that would result in a lot of missteps, or falls.

Esteemed Contributor

Nice scene for a wall hanging.Not for a staircase.

Honored Contributor

Different and I like it.

This is perfect for vacation homes. You could do scenes that reflect the area...beaches, mountains, etc. 

That Lighthouse might be located near this home. I don't know if I would want it in my permanent residence but  cute for a second vacation home.