Honored Contributor

Re: Unbelievable "Storybook" Cottage

@ECBG,

That was really fun to watch. It reminds me of an Inn we used to stay at.

I was wondering who built the house. If they said, I missed it. It is really an incredible and imaginative feat of architecture, using everything organic.

Then I started wondering. Jeez what does this couple do for $? Did they get an inheritance or something. Or how far does he and/or she travel for work.

I think because they spoke so slow my mind started wondering with all these questions!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@ECBG,

That was really fun to watch. It reminds me of an Inn we used to stay at.

I was wondering who built the house. If they said, I missed it. It is really an incredible and imaginative feat of architecture, using everything organic.

Then I started wondering. Jeez what does this couple do for $? Did they get an inheritance or something. Or how far does he and/or she travel for work.

I think because they spoke so slow my mind started wondering with all these questions!

@on the bay 

Honey, I don't know.  Several millions for all of that handwork, the fact that it is a "one of a kind" and the land.

I would certainly take one of those smaller rooms and make a closet!

Those 4 children must be very good at picking up after themselves.  Those surroundings could liik like a mess with one thing out of place!!!Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

It's not creepy to me.  I could live there.  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

Interesting. It definitely gives me a fairy tale vibe. I don't think it's creepy. It's just not my style.

There is a smaller, but similar style cottage, in my city. It's on a fairly heavily traveled 2 lane curving road. Everyone calls it the "Snow White & the 7 Dwarves" cottage. I've only seen the exterior of it as I drive by. 

Respected Contributor

Per Zillow, they paid $605K for it in mid 2020:

3395 SE Hidden Valley Way, Olalla, WA 98359 | MLS #1576557 | Zillow

Gosh, I'd hate to have to replace that roof!

Honored Contributor

@ECBG  Thanks for finding this house. Love it and would really like to see it in person.

Honored Contributor

@aubnwa01 wrote:

Per Zillow, they paid $605K for it in mid 2020:

3395 SE Hidden Valley Way, Olalla, WA 98359 | MLS #1576557 | Zillow

Gosh, I'd hate to have to replace that roof!

@aubnwa01 

Thank you!  The entire video, I kept thinking "that roof would be 'murder' to replace"!!!

Honored Contributor

Surely is different!  $600K seems like a steal!  House is huge and lots of land.

I'm not a *woodsy* person and maybe because it was raining and dreary, that made it worse.  But the owners love it and that's all that matters.

Kinda reminds me of D*** Clark's Flintsones's home, very unusual.