Esteemed Contributor

Re: Ugh! My 4 year old GE Profile appliances have "died"...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

@Catch71 wrote:

My 5 year old GE Microwave/Convection over the range stopped working entirely shortly after the warranty ran out.  Called a GE Repairman and he could not determine for sure what the problem was.  He wanted to order me a part to try (a thermostat) but thought maybe something else made the thermostat go.  He suggested I just go buy a cheap microwave. So he charged me $99. for a service call and left with my appliance still not fixed.  I purchased a new one (same thing because I like the convection bake feature - I use it instead of having a double oven, but I purchased a 10 year warranty!  It covers everything and I felt it was worth it. 

@Catch71

You might want to consider 'refurbished next time around'.  I've purchased two microwaves: one from Sears that was a customer return 'cause it didn't fit; the other a LG over the stove model from online (think Overstock, not sure). Have had quite a while - most used appliance in my house(!) - both are still working fine! Purchased other refurbished items and can vouch no problems with them and they are a lot cheaper! But, a 10-year warranty is fantastic - can't be beat!

Honored Contributor

Re: Ugh! My 4 year old GE Profile appliances have "died"...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

@151949 wrote:

ALL of your appliances died at the same time????????

Microwave and dishwasher, so no, not all - yet.