Respected Contributor

Re: Ugh! My 4 year old GE Profile appliances have "died"...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

@homedecor1   I replied to you last night right after you posted this.  In it, I gave you information about an excellent website, appliancepartspros, that might be able to help you inexpensively and easily repair your appliances yourself.  I just realized my post was censored by Moderators, because I had the audacity to include a link to the site for you.  

If it's not too late to be helpful for you, I urge you to visit the site.  Just add, ".com" to the name. 

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

Not made in usa, steel is not made in usa, been told by a few repairmen in the past, that is the problem.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@151949 wrote:

ALL of your appliances died at the same time????????

@151949

I've been away so they both died within a few weeks of each other!!

3 weeks ago the "digital pad" died on the microwave.  Spoke to repairman he said "cheaper to replace unit than repair!"

Yesterday, dishwasher bit the "dust" (personally I think it's the digital pad). I loved my original dishwasher i had prior to moving here - it had "push" style buttons not a touchpad.

This DW has a digital pad - won't do anything - pushing "start" pad .... zilch!!!

🤞🏻My fingers stove doesn't go next.  I hear you the home I had built before moving here had good ole standard kitchen appliances - lived there 16 years & still worked fine!

Honored Contributor

@stevieb

I think you're right - not much longevity in many things these days!!!

My parents always had Hotpoint and I still have my mothers Electrolux (old old old) but boy it weighs a ton but sure keeps on going! (I use it to vacumn my car & small areas).

Honored Contributor

@IamMrsG

Are you the same Mrs G who owned a appliance store (where many years I purchased everything) in NJ? Wouldn't that be a coincidence!!!

I looked at the site you provided - control panel part starts at $145+ for my microwave - a new one free install is $229!

Thank you though!🙂

Honored Contributor

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

@homedecor1 wrote:

My 4 year move-in date was 4/16 and last week my microwave & dishwasher "bit the dust".  I called repairman charges $75/appliance & $35 service call fee😬 Before he even looks at them.

im mad I'm thinking appliances should last longer than 4 years!!! I thinking it's cheaper to buy new ones!!! I won't buy Samsung or GE again, any suggestions.

@homedecor1, you're lucky your GE appliances lasted that long.  Ours lasted one month after the one year warranty and GE would not help us.  

I will never buy a GE again.  

Appliances should last many, many years with no problems because they cost so much.  They are disposable now; sickening.

This is why I never buy extended warranties - they cost more over the years (IMO) than just buy new one!

Honored Contributor

I went appliance shopping today - maybe there is a sign my appliances are biting the dust - when I remodeled the kitchen (not planned - done out of crumbling cabinets - builder grade junk 20+ years old, falling apart) I had just purchased the white appliances a year before & now that my kitchen is updated - thinking I can get the SS I want!

Famous Tate is having a nice sale - thinking of replacing my stove (which I will donate to Habitat) and do a package deal.  Although, my fridge is only 2 years old unless something happens to it I'll live with the white!

Honored Contributor

WOW, my Kenmore washer is still going strong after 22 yrs!!!  At least it was working earlier today, LOL!

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1   No, I am not the same Mrs. G.  You're welcome for the referral to appliancepartspro.  I'm always happy to share information for a business that does it right.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

@Hooty

🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻it's still going strong! We always had Kenmore growing up, my 1st home had Kenmore - no complaints!!!