Trusted Contributor

UPDATE!!!.....Can't get sticky label off fabric...suggestions?

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

Thanks for all of the suggestions!  I decided to try the Scrub Daddy idea offered up by @Jannyg

I ran the placemats and the Scrub Daddy under warm water.  Then I rubbed the Scrub Daddy vigourlsy on the label and all of the paper part came off.  It did not damage the fabric at all, probably because it is somewhat stiff.  There is still a slight sheen on the fabric where the label was, but it doesn't feel sticky.  I just threw the placemats in the washer so maybe a good washing might take care of that.  At least the paper part is off though, and, it saved me a trip back to the store!  

So Jannyg, thank you.  I owe you a cup of coffee, or something!  Smiley Happy

Thanks!

~LdyBugz

Hello all!  Looking for some help on a sticky situation, literally!  I bought eight new placemats yesterday at the Beyond store.  The back of the placemats have a 3"x4" label adhered to the back with some sort of adhesive.  Five of the labels peeled right off.  But on the remaiing three I can't get the "sticky" part of the label off.  Only the top, paper layer of the label came off.  I tried rubbing it with an ice cube, but no luck.  Any ideas on how to get this stuff off?

TIA!

~LdyBugz

label.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Can't get sticky label off fabric...suggestions?

I've never seen that large amount before - usually it's a little square that peels right off.   I would take those right back to the store.  Customer should never have to fight with product - get replacements and check the back before walking out of the store.  Or get your money back.

Honored Contributor

I can think of three things - try sticking some wide plastic tape to it, also, a little oilve oil and a knife to loosen it or goo be gone

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

Try just soaking in water.  If that doesn't work WD-40, Goo Gone or just some type of oil should work.  

Valued Contributor

If you have a scrub daddy, trying using that.  I've had it work on glass to remove the labels.  Goo Be Gone is also good.

Esteemed Contributor

Warm water on a damp microfiber cloth (like the Campanelli towels) and some dabbing ought to loosen it enough to finger roll the sticky labels off.  This has worked for me.  I actually had to do this to some placemats.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Put the entire mat in the freezer for about 20 minutes. Have ready a roll of packing tape to place a strip of it on the stuck-on label once the mat is taken out of the freezer. Be sure to work quickly to remove the packing tape while the mat is still cool. Hopefully this might remove it. Might have to repeat the process more than once. Good luck.

Please let us know what worked, if you find one.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

I think I'd try freezing it.  If that didn't work, I'd bring it back and exchange it.  Those labels annoy me to no end.  

Contributor

Re: Can't get sticky label off fabric...suggestions?use a hair dryer

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Do you have any Avon Skin So Soft around?  That takes it off (as well as having numerous other uses).   

Products Oops and Goof Off may also take it off - found commonly in hardware/ home improvement stores.

Not sure how these work on fabric though so read labels carefully.