Respected Contributor

Two-door cupboard -$30 shipping???

Serioulsy? I was interested  in this item as I am looking for something similar.  The $300 price is not a bargain...right in line with other mixed material construction items of this style.  So many home retailers offer free shipping with over $50 or $100 purchase. Lost me on this purchase! I'm looking elsewhere!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Two-door cupboard -$30 shipping???

Every online furniture seller has a similar chest.  I see them on Zulily all the time.  Most have low or free shipping.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

I just went to Wayfare’s site. They have something very similar under “Storage Furniture.” It’s half the price and free shipping.

Valued Contributor

I bought this exact same cabinet from Boscov's a few years ago and I am pretty sure it was under $200 fully assembled....and mine has a hand painted multi-colored botanical design on the front and sides on a slightly distressed cream background.   Overall though it is just so-so quality.   The doors are thin, it is a bit wobbly so I had to put something underneath one of the footers to stabalize it.  And one of the two drawers is a pain to open and close.   It does not have smooth metal rollers but it is wood on wood drawer slides.  Plus when you open them up they tilt downward slightly once pulled out.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I see scads of these types of case goods at TJ Maxx, Marshalls and Home Goods... The prices are better and there are good choices. Most of them will fit in the car, so no shipping... I too was looking at a piece of furniture here but I don't even remember what it was... Once I saw the shipping costs I lost all interest...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@steviebThe good thing about buying locally is that we get to see the quality of the item we're buying, but I'd end up having to pay someone to get it home - probably very close to that $30 even if the store wasn't all that far away!  No car I've ever owned would move that cupboard and I certainly couldn't manage it myself even if the vehicle would accommodate it.

The bad thing about buying inexpensive furniture locally is that we get to see it.  Lots of built-in obsolescence.  I have a smaller piece in a corner of my great room -  got it from Steinmart - but it way more of a lamp holder than a cabinet I open and close frequently.  It does what I need it to do and looks fine as long as you don't look too closely.

Esteemed Contributor

@ellaphant Wayfair ships for free !!

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here's minefullsizeoutput_32c.jpeg

.fullsizeoutput_32d.jpeg

IMG_3729.JPG

Trusted Contributor

I agree!  Too many other retailers with free shipping.  I don't think I can mention other sites here, but there are several sites that are all owned by one company, yet the prices can vary.

I'm sure you can get a similar piece elsewhere for less money and free shipping.

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Valued Contributor

Check out this variation on Amazon.  $225 with free shipping.91EYuEXPjzL._SL1500_.jpg