Honored Contributor

Two colors of Birch flameless candle set now at Costco

Just and FYI for those that like the Birch wood looking flameless candles that Costco now has them. They come in the traditional lighter birch and a darker birch. They are NOT like the luminar ones but normal flameless with just a wick and not a faux moving flame.

Respected Contributor

Re: Two colors of Birch flameless candle set now at Costco

@HappyDaze wrote:

Just and FYI for those that like the Birch wood looking flameless candles that Costco now has them. They come in the traditional lighter birch and a darker birch. They are NOT like the luminar ones but normal flameless with just a wick and not a faux moving flame.

Are they on timers?

@HappyDaze wrote:

Honored Contributor

@panda1234 If I remember correctly, they were. I will check for sure next time I go in there, probably in the next few days.

Valued Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

I wonder if they are the same painted on birch- look candles that Kohls and some other stores carry? I have the ones from K's  and they are just O.K. looking. I REALLY want the ones from PB, but they are so pricey, because they have the real wood bark wrapped around the wax candle and they have the Luminara flame. I don't really care whether they have the L flame or the CI style wick, I just like the wood outside better. More realistic looking. Please report back any details..I don't have a Costco nearby. TIA

Valued Contributor

Sorry to say I saw them a few weeks ago and I think they are ugly in both colors, the lighter one was lit and it was still ugly. They are the painted on look. Good price, though.

I have ceramic birch candle holders from a long time ago, it looks better, more realistic. I also use real birch and aspen for candle stands, my husband cuts it from logs (trees cut down from our yard), then sprays polyurethane on them to preserve the cuts.

Honored Contributor

@Nomore wrote:

Sorry to say I saw them a few weeks ago and I think they are ugly in both colors, the lighter one was lit and it was still ugly. They are the painted on look. Good price, though.

I have ceramic birch candle holders from a long time ago, it looks better, more realistic. I also use real birch and aspen for candle stands, my husband cuts it from logs (trees cut down from our yard), then sprays polyurethane on them to preserve the cuts.

@Nomore  We have cut our own candle risers too.  I love them even though I don't do rustic decor, a little something different keeps things from becoming boring.  I have stained, painted and just sealed as well.  Good idea because most homeowners have access to the wood at one time or another.

Respected Contributor

@Nomore wrote:

What a nice hubby. I bet they look real nice, birch is popular right now.

Honored Contributor

I agree, I didn't think the birch ones at Costco were as nice looking as the others at PB, especially the dark ones. The ones at PB are gorgeous!

Honored Contributor

@panda1234 I didn't forget! lol! Yes, they are on 5 hour timers. I don't like the darker shade much but the lighter ones look a bit nicer, especially from a bit of a distance, like up on a fireplace mantle.

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@panda1234 I didn't forget! lol! Yes, they are on 5 hour timers. I don't like the darker shade much but the lighter ones look a bit nicer, especially from a bit of a distance, like up on a fireplace mantle.

Thank you. I did see them yesterday and I agree the lighter shade is nicer. Still on the fence, guess I could always return.