Trusted Contributor

I use a french press all the time for tea. While Twinnings is pretty good tea, I recommend checking out some top quality loose black teas. A couple of websites are tattletea.com and lupiciausa.com. If you like Irish breakfast, try Assam, Keemun, Kenyan or my favorite, Pu-Erh.

Respected Contributor

I'm very intrigued by all these posts! I'm going to order a French press from Amazon and give it a try.

Trusted Contributor

Should you find yourself in London, check this out. It is a lot of fun to pick a variety of teas in envelope bags or purchase their premium quality loose teas. They also give samples.

http://www.twinings.co.uk/about-twinings/216-strand

Scroll down to the map and you will see that Twinings is very close to the Royal Courts, an interesting building, and Somerset House, an interesting Museum. The three make a very nice day. There are nice pubs with food in the area, too.

Enjoy.

Esteemed Contributor

I let my tea (loose or bags) steep overnight in the fridge.

I'm wondering if the French press method gives better taste. I'm making ice tea only.

Any thoughts?

Trusted Contributor
On 5/5/2015 Witchy Woman said:

I'm wondering if the French press method gives better taste. I'm making ice tea only.

Any thoughts?

Cold steeping for iced tea works well. The purpose of the french press for loose tea is more for hot. After the tea leaves steep for the desired time, the press pushes them to the bottom to stop the process. No baskets or mess.

Esteemed Contributor
On 5/5/2015 pas4116 said:
On 5/5/2015 Witchy Woman said:

Any thoughts?

Cold steeping for iced tea works well. The purpose of the french press for loose tea is more for hot. After the tea leaves steep for the desired time, the press pushes them to the bottom to stop the process. No baskets or mess.

Thanks for the response! I only knew of the French press for coffee, but I guess it would work as well for hot tea.

Occasional Contributor

Great idea. Thanks!

Trusted Contributor

Irish Breakfast is my favorite tea! Never made it in a French Press, but then I got rid of my French Press years ago.