Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Another tuxedo kitchen:

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Tuxedo Kitchen

[ Edited ]

I love this! The contrast  of the black and white is perfect. 

I had to go back and edit this post, because I didn't see the second picture. I am not a fan of the second look. My response is to the first picture.

Honored Contributor

Neither kitchen is appealing to me and I am not a fan of a Tuxedo kitchen, too cold and stark.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

that black and white floor makes me dizzy!  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't hate the first by any means but am going to take a pass on this one. I just don't like enough of the elements to find this a winner. I abhor the dark counter tops, though I like the dark appliances. I also like the four high backed chairs, but would skip the host chairs, the herringbone style subway tiles, the backless counter stools and all the light fixtures, especially the one over the table. As for the second kitchen, just no, I don't like it at all. It almost seems to emit a glare and the floor, in this context, just adds to it.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@jubilant I loathe black and white for decorating and especially can't stand those checkerboard floors.

Honored Contributor

I do like the retro vibe here.  That stove and fridge are getting my attention.  But I need some pink, turquoise or red in there.  Maybe it needs some color on the walls, I don't know.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Trusted Contributor

Really tired of subway tile!  There are so many beautiful choices of tile and boring subway tile is always shown.  It shows a lack of imagination and design talent in kitchen design.

Esteemed Contributor

I'd pass on both of them. The first one looks absolutely sterile - no warmth at all, and the second one looks like a kitchen from the 1950s or 60s.