Honored Contributor

Re: Turning my kitchen desk into something like this

What a fun project to take on, @HonestLife Heart

Would you want to post some in-progress pictures?

(I understand the pros and cons of that.) 

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@HonestLife    I would only have 2 shelves total.  There is too much stuff going on in this picture.  I would have my coffee maker and everything to compliment it.  Coffee mugs on the first shelf either all the same color or a mixture of colors.  The top shelf with personal items.  Perhaps a framed family photo, basket, etc.  Keep it simple.  Good luck with your project.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I would have a mirrored back with glass shelves for glass wear.  For the counter, gray or black marble.

Honored Contributor

It's much too cluttered.  I would eliminate the top shelf with the frames.  

The shelves should go all the way across, IMO.

Honored Contributor

We moved about five years ago, but if we hadn't moved I had been planning to eliminate the kitchen desk in my old house and turn it into something similar.  I wanted to put a beverage fridge in the space for the chair (like in the pic.)  My desk had cabinets above it in which I kept paperwork and paper supplies, but I would have found a new home for those items and used the cabinets for "kitchen stuff."  

However, we have moved so it's a moot point.  I wonder what the new owners decided to do with that space.

Honored Contributor

When we built our house 7 years ago I had the forethought to build a coffee bar in my kitchen. So very glad I did. I didn't know this would be a future decor. Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Trusted Contributor

Thank you for the idea.I got busy and made a beverage bar out of my kitchen desk too.!

Esteemed Contributor

I know it is a cluttered space, but I thought it was cozy and cute, very festive.  I liked it quite a bit.  I would be careful of steam hitting anything above it though.