Occasional Contributor

So easy to make your own. After trying some that was made locally I looked up recipes and gave it a shot. Simple to do and if you wnat fragrence you can add some high quality essential oils. The more you wash with this , the softer and less residues will be in your clothes.

Esteemed Contributor

@Tribesters wrote:

I was getting ready to post this myself. Fantastic deal! 500 loads for $49.95 with free shipping. To give you an idea of the value the 350 load pkg is usually $59.95 with $9.95 shipping. I love this stuff! 

@Tribesters, I agree. I bought that 350 load box back in January on sale for $49 and free shipping, and that was a great deal compared to everywhere else, but this is so much better!

@flickerbulb, Thanks so much for letting us know, or I would have missed the deal.  Even though I'm well stocked from my January purchase, I'm getting the tub and going on a-d. 

Will they allow as much as 365 days for the auto-delivery interval?  Anyone know?  Default was 120 and I changed it to 365.  Best I can tell, we use less than a 50 load bag per month, so I think once a year is plenty here.  I don't have room to store lots of extra things.

Trusted Contributor

@SHOPR

I promised myself I would get AD if they ever had another TS! So I picked AD but then the 120 day option came up. I didn't even see if we could change it or not. It's just DH & myself- I probably do 3 loads of laundry a week. 500 loads could last me a few years so I switched to just a single order. I'm hoping I don't regret this decision.... 

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

No fragrance  @winamac1. I think you will like this stuff. I have sensitive skin and I think Nellie's is the best for me.Woman Happy

@SilleeMee

@winamac1,  I agree that it seems to have zero fragrance.  I went from Nellie's to a similar natural unscented product, Charlie's laundry powder, and after a while my husband started complaining about a soapy smell in his clothes.  I didn't smell it, but then we both started noticing some hazy detergent buildup on his red polo shirts, so I went back to Nellie's.  The buildup is gone and he has not mentioned that so-called detergent smell anymore.  I do think Nellie's must be rinsing out more thoroughly.  HTH.

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

No fragrance  @winamac1. I think you will like this stuff. I have sensitive skin and I think Nellie's is the best for me.Woman Happy

@SilleeMee

@winamac1,  I agree that it seems to have zero fragrance.  I went from Nellie's to a similar natural unscented product, Charlie's laundry powder, and after a while my husband started complaining about a soapy smell in his clothes.  I didn't smell it, but then we both started noticing some hazy detergent buildup on his red polo shirts, so I went back to Nellie's.  The buildup is gone and he has not mentioned that so-called detergent smell anymore.  I do think Nellie's must be rinsing out more thoroughly.  HTH.

Thanks to you and SileeMee.  I need fragrance free due to my dermatitis.  I need to jump on this before midnight!  THANKS!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

@Tribesters wrote:

@SHOPR

I promised myself I would get AD if they ever had another TS! So I picked AD but then the 120 day option came up. I didn't even see if we could change it or not. It's just DH & myself- I probably do 3 loads of laundry a week. 500 loads could last me a few years so I switched to just a single order. I'm hoping I don't regret this decision.... 

@Tribesters, In case you choose to try to select the AD again, I just clicked into the box where it says Ship Every 120 Days, and changed it to 365.  Who knows if that is acceptable, but I figured why not give it a try, because I really don't need it any more often than that. 

Honored Contributor

Get the dryer balls too! They cut the dry time quite a bit and they make your clothes feel soft. They work fairly well on reducing static. I think the Nellie's washing soda helps reduce static because there is no residue to cause more static. At least this is my experience with it.

Honored Contributor

Ladies, I've read the reviews which are great.  I want to order this, but I have not yet ordered.  I can't find any information saying it's fragrance free/unscented.  I've seen a few reviewers say it has a very light scent.  I can't have any scent in my laundry detergent. 

Has anyone seen anything in print stating this product is fragrance free?  I am fearful of risking it due to my sensitive skin.

Thanks

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Tub o' Nellie's

[ Edited ]

@winamac1, Using my phone so hope this works:

http://www.nelliesallnatural.com/faq/#.WL3dxXpMHqA

Click on Laundry Soda

Honored Contributor

@winamac1

From HSN web page:

"Nellie's Natural Formula Laundry Soda 500-Load Bucket We all want a more natural cleaning product for our clothes. Nellie's delivers, with no harsh phosphates, fillers or added fragrance. It leaves your clothes feeling fresh, soft and residue-free. Nellie's concentrated powder dissolves in hot or cold water, and a little goes a long way toward the natural clean you've been seeking."

I just stuck my nose in my bag of Nellie's and I can't smell anything.