Frequent Contributor

Trying to do my Huggable Hangers homework=)

Hi!

I have read all the posts I can find here about Huggable Hangers. I love the concept so much...and visually they look really great. I purchased one small pack at Target (listed as by "Joy Mangano", so I believe they would be the same as those currently being offered by the southern channel) to try them but had some probs.

We don't have a ton of button-down shirts - more pull-overs - and it seemed to take so much extra effort to get them on/off the hangers and I wasn't sure if they were on the hangers as well for the clothing as on regular hangers when I sort of shake them so that they fall naturally. I also was concerned that I may be stretching out the clothing more trying to get them on/off. (Hope that makes sense.)

I have read only a few posts that seem to share my issues, so today I am working with a couple of the hangers I had from Target to try get a system down=) Such a huge percentage of people LOVE them...I really would like to, too.

Clothing falling on the floor is not a issue, so that isn't the reason I am looking at them.

Hoping that if I get a system down, I can show (and trust) other family members to do so as well. Have already had another family complaint (when I tried the small pack) about the sticking/pulling trying to get clothes on and off of them.

Wondering if anyone else has had this same concern and overcome it? Smiley Wink

Thanks for all the shared information...was terrific being able to read all the posts!

Super Contributor

Re: Trying to do my Huggable Hangers homework=)

I love HH and have a lot. BUT I do not use them for pull-over type shirts/tops unless the top has a wide neck. For all the reasons you noted--too hard to get them on the HH, pulling and tugging stretches out the top.

For most other clothes, however, I've found that HH are great. Have fun doing your closet.

Esteemed Contributor

I've redone all of our closets and given dozens of HH as gifts. Wouldn't use anything else and use them for everything that we hang up. I've never understood the ""pulling the garment off"" the hanger. Take the hanger from the rod and then remove your garment gently.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Respected Contributor

I love them, just ordered another set. They don't fall off the hangers, so you do have to take the garment off as twopeas said. They do transform space in a good way.

Regular Contributor

I use the hangers without the bottom bar for any shirts with smaller necks. And, yes, DH just pulls them off the hanger.

I started with a small package from BBB when I finally decided to try these hangers. I couldn't believe how much more fit in my closet.

Honored Contributor

It's a hanger. I try not to overthink it. I replaced every hanger in our house with them almost 9 years ago when we moved to our new house. I bought the linen color and bought them from HSN. We've never broken one. Nothing has ever stretched out from being on the hanger. Some things I use the regular hanger and on some things I use the one with the bar across. We have no other hangers in our house except for 3 plastic ones that we keep in the laundry room for things that need to be hung up wet after washing. We love them.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

double post

Esteemed Contributor

I have a few I bought at Target, too.....

same issues with cotton pullovers...sweaters....struggle getting them on and off...

I have a fleece coat...light weight...that those hangers weeble/wobble when I put it on them...then go to hang in my closet....just do not seem sturdy enough....

I have a very heavy D.B. coat that I would never even try to put his coat on the hangers...

Contributor

I use them for almost everything (I did keep a very few plastic hangers in my basement), coats included. Honestly I have broken a very few, but they are holding up much better than anything else I have used in the past.

Trusted Contributor

Nearly all my tops are pullovers, and I had the same issue at first. But I got used to working with them and it's no longer a problem. Sometimes I have to make little adjustments, but not to the point of having to stretch them. I have one top with a small neckline, so I just bring the hanger in and out from the bottom.

The fact that there's no more shoulder bumps outweighs the little extra effort needed to hang and unhang.