Honored Contributor

Re: Tropical Look for a Winter's Day...

@Citrine1 wrote:

There are very few shades of green that I like, and this is definitely not one of them.  

@Citrine1  What can I say... It isn't easy being green... Woman Surprised

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I do not care for the green shelves, the mantle decor and while I like the rattan furniture, I would place it in a sun room setting.  

Valued Contributor

The green color works because it's just enough.  Enough color to brighten the room without being overpowering.

Esteemed Contributor

It's not for me.  Not a fan of green.  I've always liked rattan/wicker furniture even when it wasn't in style but I don't care for this particular style and it looks out of place in a living room (OK for a sunroom, screened in porch, etc.).

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

@stevieb 

Totally agree with you about the banana leaves. I don’t like them either. 

I would like it better if the back of the shelves were white. I like and use light & dark green colors currently in my home. I prefer solid furniture with print pillows though. 

I had a tropical printed rattan sofa in my very first apartment. It ended up in the sunroom of my first house & stayed there until it just got too old & worn. I’ve always lived in 4 season climates so I obviously don’t think these looks can only be used in warmer parts of the country. 

I feel your “pain” on the whole idea of regretting posting a photo you like. It’s happened to me too. Please keep posting your ideas in this forum. I enjoy looking at them & everyone else’s too. We all have different likes & dislikes in home furnishings & decor. It’s fun to see & discuss what people post. 

Honored Contributor

Thanks @wilma... My expression of regret was somewhat tongue in cheek... I know to expect brutal honesty when posting pics... Woman Very Happy  I too had a rattan sofa and foolishly let it go when I moved a number of years ago. Because it was in a secondary room it was rarely used and I should have kept it. I never liked the cushion fabric, but loved the frame and could have easily had new cushion covers made. Still, had I kept it, I have no idea where I'd have used it! Woman Wink

Esteemed Contributor

Yikes!!  I could never live with that!

Trusted Contributor

What a nice cheerful room. I love the crispness of the green. The rattan sofa reminds me of my grandma's in her sun room. Wish I had hers. She passed when I was very young. Eleven at the time, so there was no way for me to have requested it. It's wonderful and nostalgic to me that rattan is making a come back.

If I were to change anything it would be the banana leaves. I like them, just too big for the mantle top. I would put them in taller vases on the floor on either side of the fireplace.

Thanks @stevieb Smiley Happy Always love your pictures.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Queen of shop  Thank you for your observations... I agree with you on the banana leaves, they're a bit too much, I think! Sorry you missed out on your grandmother's rattan sofa... It would be fun to own such a nice, vintage piece of furniture... Glad that you enjoy the pictures!

Honored Contributor

I do not like the room; however, it would be better suited for an enclosed porch since it is so casual.

kindness is strength