Honored Contributor

Re: Trending Home Interiors in 2021

I never taught about or decorated a room by putting a couch in front of the fire place.  Lose heat in the winter, and that couch will be moved very quickly.

Esteemed Contributor

Nice but, not “my cup of tea” 🤨

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don’t change my home based on current trends. I always buy what I like & what suits our lifestyle.

Comfort has always been key for selecting furniture in our home. Not sure why people select uncomfortable sofas & chairs - I guess for style & looks alone? Our furnishings tend to be more traditional too. I guess we’ll be in style for a bit, but as I said, I don’t really care about that. 

As for this room, I love the architecture, built-ins & windows. I’d like to see some contrast around the built-ins & fireplace.  Everything blends together too much. The sofa, rug, & bird art are ok. Not crazy about the chairs and tables. 

Honored Contributor

The room is lovely, with one exception, use the fireplace as a focal point in the room to make it more cozy and comforting and not  hide it with the couch...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Comfort and tradition are fine. To me, they're never out of style but that said, I'm not seeing much 'trend-worthy' here... I suppose the seating pieces are nice enough, but it's like somebody just moved in and plopped them down without giving any consideration to the room's layout... Don't like two matching armchairs placed side by side and, as has been noted, ridiculous to have furniture facing away from the fireplace... The tables are pretty dated and relatively dreadful... Not much on the shelves worth keeping... The rug isn't bad and the bird prints are passable...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@morganjen wrote:

Looks like there is about 8 feet between the fireplace and the back of the sofa. Love the bird pictures, though.

I think there is seating on the other side of the couch that faces the fireplace.

LOVE the grouping of the birds.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for sharing.  Comfort, function and neutral colors have always been my cup of tea, except for one unfortunate period of "Victorian" in the early 1990s, which  I'd rather not talk about......

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@Abrowneyegirl wrote:

@morganjen wrote:

Looks like there is about 8 feet between the fireplace and the back of the sofa. Love the bird pictures, though.

I think there is seating on the other side of the couch that faces the fireplace.

LOVE the grouping of the birds.

@Abrowneyegirl  I wondered about there possibly being back to back sofas and there could be, though it doesn't look like there's enough room... Not a fan of the back to back sofa look, but if the room is large enough, I suppose it could work.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

I am not decorating creative. I have no "eye" for decorating the walls, or color matching. I am not sure why.

This room needs clutter Smiley Happy I am good with clutter, and how to hide it fast of someone shows up LOL

I just painted my den gray, and that seems to be the color of the moment. Finding anything in shades of dark gray, medium gray, anything gray was almost impossible. Sherwin Williams paint man said it is the hottest color right now.

I found some nice pinky-peach couch pillows and put a dark gray cover on my couch but that is as far as I got. I would never make it into a room decorating magazine that's for sure. I want to be Joanna Gaines when I grow up. She is so clever with her decorating.