Honored Contributor

I don't tend to favor either transitional style design (though I prefer it to contemporary...) or primarily blue interiors (though I prefer blue to all neutral, all the time...), but when something is done well, it's done well... I think this house has a certain appeal...

Living Room...

Livmm-768x612.jpg

Wetbar...

mmbar-768x1059.jpg

Kitchen and Breakfast area/Sitting Area (can't get past the table on wheels...)

Ktichen-MM-768x512.jpg

mm-791x1024.jpg

Dining Room...

MM-dining-1024x674.jpg

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Not at all appealing to me.  Doesn't look comfortable.

All the blue is a complete turn-off for me.  

Too many big windows - too much bright daylight - too much white.  I prefer subdued light.

Loss or privacy here (window on left)  the next door neighbor looks right into the living room!

Livmm-768x612.jpg

Honored Contributor

@stevieb 

It is well done and there are a couple things I might have done differently but they are minimal and I can live with this all the days of my life.  If I were young and all redoing again, I would do something like this.  

Esteemed Contributor

Blue is my color.  I would make some changes in the living room.  I would get rid of the drapes and put in plantation shutters, and I would get rid of the chair in front of the fireplace.  The coffee table does not appeal to me, maybe it is the outdated gold.  I would really like to see some of these homes with more of a lived-in look; maybe a throw or two and books or a magazine on the coffee table.  Nothing messy, just like the room is really used.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

It's very attractive, but a little too formal for me. Not a single area looks like a place where you could kick back and relax. I do love the Wetbar. 

Esteemed Contributor

Blue is my absolute favorite color but I only like it in interior design as maybe one piece of furniture and then mixed with other colors for some accent pieces (pillows, window treatments, etc.).  The only room I halfway like is the living room but I would have to change out the rug, coffee table, end table, and artwork over the fireplace.  I lean far more towards contemporary than I do traditional but most of the pieces here don't work for me.

The other rooms are TOTAL renovation projects.  They lack warmth and depth, IMHO.  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

Blue is my color.  I would make some changes in the living room.  I would get rid of the drapes and put in plantation shutters, and I would get rid of the chair in front of the fireplace.  The coffee table does not appeal to me, maybe it is the outdated gold.  I would really like to see some of these homes with more of a lived-in look; maybe a throw or two and books or a magazine on the coffee table.  Nothing messy, just like the room is really used.

@SXMGirl I don't like the coffee table either... Whether it's glass or Lucite, It's a look that only rarely appeals to me and this one doesn't... I don't like the chunky legs at all...

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Transitional Style...

[ Edited ]

I like the blue, but many things I would change in all rooms but the wet bar room.

Living room....change coffee table, curtains, book shelf, get rid of chair in front of fireplace, add lamps.

Kitchen, sitting area....no sink in island, change stools, don't like island lights, remove table,  change curtains.

Dining room.......really like it, but too much blue on walls.  I would just have the end wallin blue as an accent wall.

Honored Contributor

Re: Transitional Style...

[ Edited ]

It's a light-filled and potentially warm home but I agree with those finding the interiors a bit too cool. While none of these rooms would find their way into my home, I do like the dining room a lot. It's very stylized but I find it pretty, and the rug, especially, is lovely, to me... The chair silhouettes and sideboard are also very pretty...

MM-dining-1024x674.jpg

Honored Contributor

Its very pretty, but I don't care for the coffee table in the living room, and is the kitchen table on wheels?

But the rooms are very pretty, and I am not usually a Blue Lover.....

Wet Bar is gorgeous!