Honored Contributor

Re: Traditional Still Popular???

[ Edited ]

I'm not an expert, but it looks traditional to me. My own style is traditional, but I'm not loving this room.

I like the windows, fireplace, & architecture, but the furnishings aren't for me. At first, I thought the sofas were ok, but I don't like the trim on the bottom of them. I don't like the printed chair or ottoman either. I will ever understand putting tons of things on an ottoman. We use our ottoman for our feet. 😉 There's too many paintings on the wall, and I don't care for the items on & above the mantel. The floor lamp, table & lamp behind the sofa, and pillows are ok. 

Honored Contributor

I really like room overall, but Id get a different ottoman/coffee table I don't like the fabric that was chosen.....And Im not a fan of light colored sofas and love seats either....a bit impractical.... 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love traditional!  The classic furniture, oil paintings and wood furniture are my favorites. I also love simple pleat draperies even though no window coverings are popular.

My house is new in a neighborhood where everyone has the trendy all-white kitchen and grey and tan everything. Every room is grey/white/tan which is all the rage. It's pretty but also will soon look dated.  I prefer sticking with traditional.

Honored Contributor

What is that coffee table?  Looks really odd in the room and overall.  The rest of the room is okay just nothing special.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

It's a beautiful and comfortable looking room.  I'm not a fan of the artwork or coffee table....love everything else.

Esteemed Contributor

I love traditional and also love this room (with the exception of the dog print above the fireplace). I like the fact that the sofas and chair are not loaded up with unusable pillows that just take up space. As for the ottoman/coffee table, I like this one. One of the things that I like about this room is that it's not matchy-matchy. It's classy, yet a soft and inviting space that really appeals to me.

Respected Contributor

@jubilant 

I think for many people it still is popular.  The furniture arrangement in this room is "conversation" friendly.  I do like most of the room esp. the rug & french doors.  I'd replace the coffee table.  Pattern is too busy for me.  The small rattan side table is adorable.  There's a few other items I'd replace.