Trusted Contributor

Needs more red. The sofa is so blah. The chemistry beakers on the side table are a fun point of interest.

Thanks @jubilant

Esteemed Contributor

doesn't look comfortable to me....but i'm old.......

Honored Contributor

Too many pillows on the sofa and the green and white chairs have got to go.  Also, those patterned cubes opposite the green and white chairs at the other end.  OMG!

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Re: Traditional Living Room

[ Edited ]

This is what some interior decorators are calling Modern Traditional, nothing close to traditional early America.  

Sometimes, as in the case of the coffee and side table, a few pieces of modern are mixed with traditional that makes it Modern Traditional.  

Nothing exciting or comfy going on that would prompt me to copy it.  Very blah to me.

Honored Contributor

Everything is ok but the zebra chairs don't seem to go with the rest of the things.  I don't mind these chairs and they would look fine in another setting.

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I think there is just too much furniture in this room. I am in the minority and like the Zebra chairs and Floral Ottomans. I think are are different and add interest to the room.

I would replace the coffee table with a round one and rearrange the furniture.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Traditional Living Room

[ Edited ]

The color palette is bland for me and the floral ottomans and zebra print on the chairs are pretty ugly, IMHO.  However, I do love the clean lines of the living room.  I only wish the arms are the zebra chairs and the mirror were squared up.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

too much stuff and clutter--not into the patterned upholstery either

Esteemed Contributor

Really like the subdued colors.  The paint is wonderful.  

If were mine, I would remove a little clutter, but overall it is pretty.

Honored Contributor

I actually like the room,however I would change out the coffee table for a round table, and also change the glass top end table, but other than that I like it and I like the pops of color with the otoman cushions and the chairs!