Honored Contributor

Traditional LR with a Pop of Color

Respected Contributor

Re: Traditional LR with a Pop of Color

Not enough pop of color.  That room is bland, although the windows and trim are goreous.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

This is more my style. Easier to change pop of color and cheaper too.

Honored Contributor

I love this room except for the ceiling lights.......I also wouldn't mind a bit more color in it, but it is a beautiful space!!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love it ... my LR is primarily beige/taupe ... drapes, carpet, sofa, chair and ottoman,  walls ... my color comes from pillows,  rugs, and accessories such as crystals in color and clear,  lamps, leather chair, wood tables, etc. 

I get to change the look each time I switch up accessories.   Works like a charm ...   Actually, this IS my living room but on a larger scale.

Esteemed Contributor

I really like this look a lot!

Honored Contributor

I like this room, I would use a richer color, but I could move right in.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

To me, transitional more than traditional and while the space is exceptional, the room is bland. None of the individual elements has much appeal. I especially don't care for the overhead lighting or the large coffee table but truly, aside from the bones of the room, don't see much of anything I'd want.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

LOVE it!  Love it!  I could even do without the pop of color.  It is soothing, sophisticated and calming!  

Respected Contributor

What a beautiful space!

Like others here, I'd replace the ceiling lights, & make the pops of colors stronger. I'd add some colors like rich deep copper, rich dark golden, a dash of burnt sienna....think the vivid colors of autumn. 

I just love having neutral furniture, greenery, & wood in the room. It's such a beautiful base to work with, & makes adding the pops so easy!