Honored Contributor

Re: Traditional DR + Velvet Chairs

The check fabric on the chairs is too informal for such a formal dining room.  There is absolutely no connection of the check chairs to the hunting print on the draperies.   This room looks like it came from somebody's attic.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Wow, no. 

Trusted Contributor

It’s an attractive room. But something about it doesn’t sit right with me. I think it’s the bright pink chairs.

Actually, it looks like somebody went crazy on Wayfair.  

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Esteemed Contributor

NO JUST NO NO NO!!!

Honored Contributor

This is a look which is appealing and draws me in, I am a fan for sure!!!!!!

Trusted Contributor

I think the brightness of the chairs and flowers clash with the pastel look on the walls and curtains.  Maybe just use white and airy curtains and it might work.

I like the chairs just not with this room with the wall and curtain colors. 

As as has already been mentioned, there is nothing that ties the curtains to the chairs. Just don't flow!

Honored Contributor

Not my color scheme but not totally put-off by it..  I would need to change the curtains.  And I don't like the pattern on the chairs.  If they were solid color ... ok.

Re velvet chairs ... my dining room chairs are black cut velvet (table is faux marble).  

Honored Contributor

I don’t like the chairs or the curtains. I don’t see how those 2 prints relate at all. Not crazy about the light fixture either. 

Honored Contributor

Love this traditional style, but before I mix patterns, I make sure they match the color scheme I chose for the room.

For example here:  There are green walls, green in curtains, and rug.  Other colors used are brown shades, ivory, golds.  The rug is a different pattern but uses the same colors as the curtains.  But, there is no red in the curtain fabric or the rug.  There's no green, brownish, or gold tones in the chair fabric.  They don't tie together.  

Looks like someone used red in this room without forethought.

Do like the chair fabric, brightens the room, but would have chosen a curtain pattern with red...a fabric with hunters wearing red jackets for the curtains and valence.  Or solid red curtains with patterned valence.  

Also suggest a dark solid green rug.  

Honored Contributor

Like it