Honored Contributor

Traditional Casual Living Room

Traditional Living Room Design Ideas and Styles from Modsy Designers

Honored Contributor

Re: Traditional Casual Living Room

Very nice room. I love the windows, clean and airy look, and muted colors.

I don't care for the art above the fireplace at all. I think I would put a very distressed mirror with a wide burnished bronze frame in it's place.

Esteemed Contributor

I like the room but not the furniture placement.  Why cover up the fireplace? 

Also, don't like the bird pics, the tree in the corner, that skinny lamp on the table and the nic nacs on the shelves.  No cohesion.  Needs window coverings.

I do like the furniture and rug.

Honored Contributor

I like the room and the colors, but a couple of things that I don't like are
:

The chairs

the couch in front of the fireplace

the pics of birds

Otherwise a nice room!

Frequent Contributor

I totally agree about covering the fireplace, makes no sense.

Valued Contributor

Thank you for sharing this lovely room! I really like the overall look; the balance of it being refined, yet comfortable is well done.

Esteemed Contributor

I love the chairs and the windows.  The sofa and rug are OK.  Everything else would have to be changed out and a different placement is needed for the furniture.  I would have to add window treatments and a richer paint color.  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

I like it, but I am more of a contemporary or mid century gal, I agree about the fireplace too.  But mainly, why are the chairs facing into the room and not outward to those great windows?

I prefer much cleaner lines, love the built ins also

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Respected Contributor

This photo was posted before.  Still makes no sense to me to block the fireplace with a sofa, push up against the windows two ponderous side-by-side chairs that look like they belong in a move theatre, and plop a coffee table in the middle of the room where it's out of reach from the sofa and chairs.

Love the inset arches, which would look a lot better stacked with more substantial items than the chotchkes that disappear into the white background.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm a Libra. I can't get past the fact that the fireplace surround is not even centered on the wall.