Respected Contributor

I have recently decided to replace all my bath towels with white.  Easier to wash and bleach.

I have found a different towels I like.

I am torn:

Do I buy all the same white towels OR

Do I buy a few different sets of white towels for a variety (when I say variety I mean the dobby design is different).

I do not want to look like a hotel with everything the same but I do not want to look like a hodge podge either.

Honored Contributor

I think you answered your own question.  Get two patterns.

I just replaced bath towels and went with the same pattern.  I bought them at Costco.  I am very matchy matchy.

Esteemed Contributor

LOVE Costco bath sheets! Best quality.

Honored Contributor

The hotels just do the whites. If you do colors, your bleach after awhile, will fade any color.

Trusted Contributor

I also like Costco's towels.  I purchased 2 white a few months ago when they were on sale.

Honored Contributor

Re: Towel opinion please

[ Edited ]

I have a ton of white towels.  I just love them.  I buy different patterns of white.  I mix and match.

I always buy extra wash cloths because they seem to wear out quickly or get discolored.

Recently, I purchased 4 bath towels, 4 hand towels and 10 wash cloths at the Home Goods Store.  Another shopper was verbal about my choices.  She said I purchased too many wash cloths and there would be a shortage for other shoppers.

She said it was people like me who made it difficult for her to purchase wash cloth replacements when she needed them.  I had to laugh.  I politely replied that I never have to buy replacements because I already have some.

Respected Contributor

then you are very nice for the way you answered.  some people should learn how to mind there own business. what and how much you buy is your business.

Respected Contributor

Carmie...good for you for not turning around and telling them to mind their own biz! There is a store here at the beach that I believe gets a lot of things from overstocked stores. They always have good quality at very low prices. They usually carry very thick washcloths for 50 cents a piece....i clear out the white ones. Bet I have 60 washcloths stored..yikes. I usually wind up giving my daughter a dozen here and there and at that price, it's not painful to replenish.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I have a ton of white towels.  I just love them.  I buy different patterns of white.  I mix and match.

I always buy extra wash cloths because they seem to wear out quickly or get discolored.

Recently, I purchased 4 bath towels, 4 hand towels and 10 wash cloths at the Home Goods Store.  Another shopper was verbal about my choices.  She said I purchased too many wash cloths and there would be a shortage for other shoppers.

She said it was people like me who made it difficult for her to purchase wash cloth replacements when she needed them.  I had to laugh.  I politely replied that I never have to buy replacements because I already have some.

Don't you love to stand in a store and have customers critique your choices (unasked for of course)? I get that sometimes too. 

I once had a Walmart cashier tell me I was buying way too much candy! It was the day after Easter, and yes, I did have A LOT of candy (half price), as I vacuum seal it in glass mason jars, and use it throughout the year ( I usually only buy candy once a year, when on sale after a holiday). Some of it is eaten just as candy, some is used for a variety of recipes I have that I use for bake sales at school or church functions, some of it I bring home and give away to the neighbors who have a lot of kids, but don't have the extra money to spend on such treats. And I certainly did not empty their shelves, but she said she was concerned that I would feed my children all that sugar. I had to inform her that I no longer had young children, only adults in the home.

I say if it is on the shelf and for sale, it's free game for whoever wants it. If that lady thought she would need more wash cloths to match things she already had, she had better be stocking up too. The stores don't seem to keep the same things for very long!

Trusted Contributor

I use all white matching towels.  I like to keep them pretty simple.  I used to buy the thick luxurious bath sheets, but then I discovered that they take up so much space in the laundry!  I don't see anything wrong with all your towels matching.