Honored Contributor

Re: Tour a Herefordshire Farmstead

As I increasingly wish I could go 'off the grid' this is exactly the kind of place I'd like to be... Charming, comfortable, and yet practical.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Personally, I don't think the decor mirrors the house closely enough.  I don't care for the generally modern feel, although, the background is beautiful.

Honored Contributor

I absolutely love it!  Quintessentially English, especially the use of color, and the sense of ease and coziness everywhere.  What a great retreat.

Honored Contributor

Very charming!  I love all the art work and the homey feeling you get as you look at the rooms!  Very nice!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lolakimono  Heart Thank you for posting these photos - I feel better just looking at them.  As @stevieb said, "Charming, comfortable, and yet practical."

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG wrote:

Personally, I don't think the decor mirrors the house closely enough.  I don't care for the generally modern feel, although, the background is beautiful.

I tend to agree @ECBG, some of the pieces, for me, don't work. I don't necessarily think every piece in an older home has to reflect 'history', but I, for example, have no use for splayed legged mid-centuy modern tables in a house like this... Actually, when it gets right down to it, I have no use for them anywhere. Period. But expecially in a house like this... Still, overall, I find this house to be a gem...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I have to be honest~~there isn't a single thing I like about this house or its furnishings. In fact, it evokes a smell of mustiness and mothballs. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Truly at a loss for words....every picture is better than the last and they are all right up my alley!  I would change out the night table in Master Bedroom and blue drapes in Guest Bedroom. Overall, the colors, the wallpaper, the rustic beams and beautiful paneling...magnificent in every sense of the word!

Respected Contributor

I don't mind the style of the house furnishings but there is just way too much stuff in the house for me.  I'd cut the furnishings and knick knacks/photos by about 40-50% and would like it better.  

Super Contributor

@lolakimono   Thank you for your wonderful postings---they inspire my imagination, remind me of the beauty and creativity alive in this world, and guide my mind to a place not so occupied with gloom and doom.