Esteemed Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

I do like tuffed furniture, but the rest of this a thrown-together mess. It looks like Early Attic School of Design to me! (Remember your first apartment or home? And parents giving away their unwanted items? Yep, that's "early attic" IMO.) It works when necessary (we were sort of there as students), but I don't like rustic as all.  

Hilarious! 😂

Respected Contributor

Besides for many of the reasons already mentioned, I don't like this 'room' for its openness.  The sight line into, plus the sounds and aromas from an active kitchen, would not be conducive for relaxed conversation.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

Re: Touch of Rustic LR

[ Edited ]

I like these spaces... The coral pillows add a badly needed punch... Wihtout then, I'd probably find it a little boring...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

For me, no place to rest one's eyes. And too much of a mix.

Esteemed Contributor

It's just okay, but I wouldn't want it.

Esteemed Contributor

What a wonderfully warm and bright home!

Honored Contributor

I would love all that space!  I would change some of the furnishings, not crazy about modern white furniture but on the whole, it's appealing.

Esteemed Contributor

Such a nice flow. I really like this. 

Honored Contributor

Seems like the 2 rooms clash to me. The kitchen and living space don’t seem to flow together in terms of style. I don’t like the rustic wood on the wall between the 2 rooms. Maybe that is what is throwing it off for me? 

Trusted Contributor

Very pretty rooms.  Love the colors & furnishings in the livingroom.  The blue & coral pops of color go really well with the gray.  Kitchen looks pretty as well.

Couple changes - lighten the color of the beams & change the color of the vent hood in the kitchen.  The lantern lights in the kitchen are getting to be a trend & I'm losing my appreciation of them, so I'd change them out.