Honored Contributor

Image may contain: people sitting, table and indoor

Super Contributor

Re: Touch of Glam Dining Room

This room is pretty, but I would like it even better if the white chairs were painted royal blue...

Honored Contributor

Rotate table 45 degrees; add a nice rug; put a server or small table on that blank wall on the right and a beautiful tureen on it, silver candlesticks and a pretty mirror  above it. 

Honored Contributor

Occasionally friends ask me to help in decorating their homes or rooms, usually public areas. 

A friend who was very ill, knew she had limited time, asked me to decorate her DR in what sounds very similar to this look.  She wanted it done in 2 weeks so she could celebrate her last earthly birthday party.  I tried to explain to her why I could not get it done that fast so she agreed to get it done as soon as we could and we would celebrate when finished. 

She wanted white and rich royal blue, and described how she wanted the chairs and table, the walls to look.  If I could have seen this room then and ordered every item here, I think she would have been pleased. 

While the process of bringing her upholstery samples, furniture catalogs and putting paint samples on the wall, etc., Hospice had to assume her care.  Needless to say, her husband and I went on with the pretense but she died and we never got her royal blue velvet chairs, her white walls with royal blue molding and beautiful glass table with blue velvet draperies done.  The room would not have been identical to this but it would have had the same vibe.  

This brought back memories of my sweet friend, a double-edged sword for me when I saw it.  It is not my personal taste but it was hers and I understand how we all see the things with a different eye.

Honored Contributor

I like the floor and builtins.  Otherwise, no.

Trusted Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

Image may contain: people sitting, table and indoor

I like the color scheme in this room.  Very pretty and airy. I like the light fixtures as well.  
They look like capiz shell...

Esteemed Contributor

Beautiful.  Love the light fixtures and with the impact of the dining room set I appreciate that simplicity of the rest of the room.

Honored Contributor

A little too contrived and coordinated for me, but still a pretty room.

Honored Contributor

I love the 2 blue end chairs. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I love blue but am not a fan of royal blue..so the shade of blue on the chairs would have to change.