Honored Contributor

Re: Top or front load washer/dryer

Definitely top load, would not even consider getting a front load. The people I know who have purchased front load all have said it was a mistake they won't make again.

Honored Contributor

If I was going to buy a new washer/dryer.  The washer would be top load with all the features.  I wish dryers were top load.  I hate the bending over.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

For me, HE front load all the way.  I had a Kenmore Elite front load for 14 years and just bought a Whirlpool front load.  LM

Respected Contributor

@ CARMIE
I have had same GE with agitator for about two years. I am about as pleased as could be considering what is on the market due to water saving regulations.
I was having difficulty with sheets winding around a bit but that’s been solved with always using deep fill. I also use soak cycle routinely because I don’t think cycles are long enough to expose dirty clothes to get clean.
This machine replaces top loader top of line LG that at three years needed several parts that were not readily available. My warranty kicked in and I went for machine that gave me most water depth possible. I had not been overly pleased with that LG.
This decline in washing capabilities is deplorable! My 15 year old Kenmore was superior to today’s results.
Super Contributor

such a hard decision. Husband wants top load and I’m not sure.

...I’m the one doing the clothes 🤷🏻‍♀️

Honored Contributor

Just this week for the 2nd time in 3 years we have had to replace the front door lock switch...thank goodness it was easy to fix once we bought the part.

I will not purchase another front loader...I'm going old school next washer purchase.

Same with my glass top stove, I despise it...difficult to keep clean!

Occasional Contributor

I had a front loader.  I loved it.  I've always kept my door ajar to prevent mold/smell and wiped around seal.  I think it depends on how much laundry you do.  My DIL needed to buy a new washer  and she got the top loader w/o agitator.  She washes for 7 people and haven't had any problems with that.   

Super Contributor

I wash a lot a few times a day.

Trusted Contributor

Definitely top loader!  Would never go back to the front loader.  Couldn't take that awful smell any longer.

This subject is common.  It's been posted before & later on, I think it will again.  It's always good to get different peoples' opinions.

I went with Speed Queen & matching dryer.  I purchased each within a year of each other since they broke down at different times.  A few other people I know also purchased the SQ.

Good luck with your decision.

Honored Contributor

Top loader most definitely.  I have never even considered a front loader. 

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~